New Monroe TG 1898

k2hz

Database Admin
I am observing very sporadic activity on TG 1898. There will be a flurry of activity on some days and then silent for several days.

It appears to be a "response" TG for ALS calls. No initial dispatch is ever heard but updates on the patient condition and other details are transmitted to responding units. Yesterday it was calls in Chili for patients not breathing, CPR in progress, call is 500 so Fire dispatched, man slumped over wheel possible overdose, etc.. It appeared to be the CHS Dispatcher. All activity seems to be critical ALS calls so this TG may be for EMT response.

k2hz

Database Admin
Does anyone know the details about the designation of TG1898? It appears to be for EMT/ALS response but is it only CHS or general countywide?

Homer_LCPDFR

Premium Subscriber
Can't be just CHS if Perinton was on it with ECD dispatching--I could see CHS using it frequently, but it seems like it's something for some (if not all) EMS agencies.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
I just reviewed some recordings and Chili's Quint also keyed up on TG1899 both were P2.
The automated dispatches were all in Phase-2 and some of the earlier ones were test dispatches, you hear an alert tone then the problem,
the location and then assignment. The dispatch does not repeat.

Homer_LCPDFR

Premium Subscriber
@k2hz Can't be Arson Task Force--non-fire calls.

Seems like it's just being used as a test talkgroup for the time being. The current dispatches are either tests or robotic... can you call it an automated rebroadcast? Of what's going out on their dispatch TG.

I use "can't" loosely--I should clarify, it can't fall under that use at this particular moment. I wouldn't be shocked if it were an Arson Task Force TG being used for testing automated dispatching for the main channel, but this is deep speculation territory.

But automated dispatch testing combined with a newly surfaced response channel makes me wonder if we're going to see the County transition to automated dispatching in the coming weeks (start of the new year perhaps?).

Homer_LCPDFR

Premium Subscriber
@w2csx As mc48 noted, Union Hill was (rather quietly) disbanded several years ago. If I'm not mistaken, that district was merged into Webster's (NEQ's) territory which none of the traffic thus far has pertained to.