• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New PPS Version V00-04-00_Beta31 Released

FishScan

I misspoke , 1.3 the FW in which Ray sent. I am still not sure if I would invest the time to recreate hours of work here in creating the new 4.0 PPS.

While I look forward to any type of improvements, I fail to understand of why Unication migration to a new PPS involves hours of work in part of the users. Coders should have been able to manage this process easier.
I would like to hear how coders would be able to go through 1500 talkgroups and load them into the correct systems? I spent about an hour and rebuilt mine from scratch using the import feature.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I wish I could get the import feature to work! First system I tried worked ok... but every attempt after that just instantly gives me 'Import Failed'

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
I misspoke , 1.3 the FW in which Ray sent. I am still not sure if I would invest the time to recreate hours of work here in creating the new 4.0 PPS.

While I look forward to any type of improvements, I fail to understand of why Unication migration to a new PPS involves hours of work in part of the users. Coders should have been able to manage this process easier.
It's not necessary that you rebuild completely. The export(from 3.x)/import(to 4.x) process worked fine for converting my 3.x PPS to 4.x PPS. Now, if I want to spend the time to split up my systems and associate talkgroups with systems, I can spend the time to do so, but it's not required. That might be a winter project, or maybe a 100+F day like today. :) The coders would not know what talkgroups go with what systems in 3.x, so I think they did a good job making the export/import process work giving users the options to start from scratch or migrate fairly easily.

blackbelter

Thank you , my mention of coders were merely a reference to the ability of smooth merging the 2 versions of the PPS . My humble contention is that the coding should have been able to facilitate the organizing the talk groups with the respected systems . As a casual listener I seldom interact with the PPS thus once I set the talk groups, I follow the set it and forget it practice . I however realize that many users would need the PPS as a work in progress and I respect that .
Thanks for you input of just importing the old PPS to the new and work on the details as you wish . Now if we could incorporate some of the frequently requested enhancements in the next FW .

Last edited:

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
It appears they also fixed the Sub-Group Feature / Sub-Group "Alternatives", so now when "Alternatives" is un-checked, no audio is passed until it hears the correct 2-tone group. Now my G5 is a pager again! :D:D Thank you Unication!
I'm currently running into this issue. Alternatives are checked on positions I want to have as "monitor" mode and deselected on channels I don't. The issue I'm having is I don't get alerts on the "standby" positions.

CTWaters

I upgraded to this new version last night from v4.30 and now I just continuously get this prompt every time I click save, no matter what section I am in:
1690210059338.png

I don't even have any TGID's imported as of yet, as I am re-working my programming from scratch.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I upgraded to this new version last night from v4.30 and now I just continuously get this prompt every time I click save, no matter what section I am in:
View attachment 145740

I don't even have any TGID's imported as of yet, as I am re-working my programming from scratch.

It is a glitch in the PPS and despite being annoying it is harmless, I get it a lot, just click ok and it clears out for awhile. Hopefully someone at Unication notices the issue and fixes it in next release...but one never knows now adays.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
Is there a way to add NAC codes to p25 Conventional that have numbers and letters? Only letting me do the number only ones

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded the new PPS today and started creating a new profile for my G4. I seem to have lost the hold and remove functions that I had before. I also can't figure out how to add a talkgroup to a P25 Conventional channel. I can set up a knob position for it, but it wants a TGID and there is no place to set that up that I can find. I just need it to unmute on the correct NAC and any TG.

Any ideas?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I seem to have lost the hold and remove functions that I had before.

Hold and Remove are set on Tab E12

I also can't figure out how to add a talkgroup to a P25 Conventional channel.
Use Tab E6, enter them under Conventional Group List, then go to TGID Group (same tab) create a group and add in your TGIDs entered under Conventional Group List.