New TGs on TxWARN P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Noted about site 107. When I was traveling on IH35E last night, I noticed that the Waxahacie PD was operating in the VHF band. I don't understand why Waco and Waxahacie are delaying the activation process for their emergency radios.

Same here in Bryan/College Station. Bryan and CS both have the new radios and all the TGIDs are in place, but for whatever reason have not began using the system yet. College Station has already transferred all of their public works users, but has yet to transfer police and fire. Bryan has yet to transfer anything, and forget about Brazos County. Again, I have absolutely no idea why they are taking so long (they were supposed to be on the system last spring).

Ensnared

I have a question for this New TxWarn TG thread. Now that many TG's have been identified in the RR DB for McLennan County, would it still be advantageous to keep the Wildcard?

I have been hearing Waco PD on a few select TxWarn TG's, but Waco is still operating on their old analog TSY. My thanks to those who managed to find the new TG's for TxWarn.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I have a question for this New TxWarn TG thread. Now that many TG's have been identified in the RR DB for McLennan County, would it still be advantageous to keep the Wildcard?

I have been hearing Waco PD on a few select TxWarn TG's, but Waco is still operating on their old analog TSY. My thanks to those who managed to find the new TG's for TxWarn.

The TGs listed are all the ones the McLennan/Waco will have--no more, no less. I would keep the wildcard though for any outside agency that comes through (here in Brazos County, I've gotten Montgomery, Austin, Washington, Harris, and Walker counties).

Ensnared

I have yet another question regarding the TxWarn System and TG's: In Waco, I am using the geo tag for the Waco tower. Is it necessary to include other towers in the system such as the one in Bryanj for local listening?

I have always wondered about which towers to activate for these large P25 systems.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I have yet another question regarding the TxWarn System and TG's: In Waco, I am using the geo tag for the Waco tower. Is it necessary to include other towers in the system such as the one in Bryanj for local listening?

I have always wondered about which towers to activate for these large P25 systems.

Just the ones in McLennan County. The Bryan ones are over 100 miles away from you. The radios only connect with the towers with the strongest signal, and all local traffic for each county covered will be on the local towers only.

Ensnared

Well, I did not know how I was able to get East Texas Medical traffic from Tyler. Since this is a connected system, I thought the radio traffic would be propagated by repeaters. It is further away than Brazos county. But, I've heard East Texas medical talking to DPS.

So, programming the TG's outside of McLennan county would not work either? For example, TG's 2254, 2240 would not work in McClennan county? I know this is an elementary question, but I really don't know.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Well, I did not know how I was able to get East Texas Medical traffic from Tyler. Since this is a connected system, I thought the radio traffic would be propagated by repeaters. It is further away than Brazos county. But, I've heard East Texas medical talking to DPS.

So, programming the TG's outside of McLennan county would not work either? For example, TG's 2254, 2240 would not work in McClennan county? I know this is an elementary question, but I really don't know.

As long as there is a radio affiliated to a talkgroup, ALL radio traffic for that talkgroup will appear on the site no matter how far away it is. A Galveston County radio tech could be visiting his auntie in Longview for Christmas and turn his radio on, tune to whatever TxWARN talkgroup he wanted to, and listen away. Here in Shreveport, I was listening to offshore ops on the GCI talkgroup patches during the oil spill operations on the LWIN system. Remember, all it takes is ONE radio on a tower to broadcast all the the traffic for that talkgroup.

Ensnared

As long as there is a radio affiliated to a talkgroup, ALL radio traffic for that talkgroup will appear on the site no matter how far away it is. A Galveston County radio tech could be visiting his auntie in Longview for Christmas and turn his radio on, tune to whatever TxWARN talkgroup he wanted to, and listen away. Here in Shreveport, I was listening to offshore ops on the GCI talkgroup patches during the oil spill operations on the LWIN system. Remember, all it takes is ONE radio on a tower to broadcast all the the traffic for that talkgroup.

In light of what you've written, it might be useful to program the "Inter-RF Subsystem Interface ISSI Interoperability Talkgroups" into the Waco system. You never know who might be passing through.

Thanks.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
In light of what you've written, it might be useful to program the "Inter-RF Subsystem Interface ISSI Interoperability Talkgroups" into the Waco system. You never know who might be passing through.

Thanks.
Oh yeah. The potential is there to hear ANY talkgroup on the system. The question is: do you want to? I routinely hear GCI talkgroups, air medical trips near NOLA, LSU Baton Rouge PD, and southern parish SOs on the Bossier City tower of the LWIN over here. But all I would really care about, if I were the average Bossier City listener, would be the local SO, EMS, and LHP.

Ensnared

You do make a valid point. I might go in and change some of my TG's in the system. Thanks for your comment.

Ensnared

TxWarn-Waco, Texas, 1/31/2011-Monitored TG 1108 Tomball PD 1. Initially, I did not know the location of these transmissions, but the signal was very clear and strong, I kept hearing them talk about Tomball Parkway. When I looked at the DB, I confirmed the source of the signal, Tomball, Texas.

Why was I picking up such a long distance signal?

I also heard a technician talking to several LE units in McClennan County asking if there was an echo in the radio. There was a distinct echo for a while.

So, tonight, 1108 is quiet. Not a peep from Tomball, Texas.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
TxWarn-Waco, Texas, 1/31/2011-Monitored TG 1108 Tomball PD 1. Initially, I did not know the location of these transmissions, but the signal was very clear and strong, I kept hearing them talk about Tomball Parkway. When I looked at the DB, I confirmed the source of the signal, Tomball, Texas.

Why was I picking up such a long distance signal?

I also heard a technician talking to several LE units in McClennan County asking if there was an echo in the radio. There was a distinct echo for a while.

So, tonight, 1108 is quiet. Not a peep from Tomball, Texas.

Someone in your area might have been monitoring it. I suspect it might be one of those radio techs because when I hear them working on the system here, Montgomery Co SO starts popping up.

Ensnared

Thanks

I appreciate it. I thought that hearing the technician & distant radio traffic were related, but I did not know for sure.

Ensnared

McClennan County TG Activity, TxWarn

Last night, during the Baylor Game, I heard radio traffic on Tx Warn TG 2430, Waco PD Event 1. This TG seemed to be fairly active.

So, I don't know if this means Waco PD is starting to accelerate the migration to Tx Warn or not. I found around 15 hits for the relatively brief period I monitored.

DWW

Status
Not open for further replies.