NJDOT Crash Team?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
We have had a rash of serious accidents on major roads in my part of the state that are under local police jurisdiction. Usually when that happens and the road is shut down for extended periods of time I'll see a special NJDOT truck with red and blue lights blocking the road. Is this the Crash Team or some other function of NJDOT. Is this something that can be heard on the NJICS when they get called out to these incidents?

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
DOT IMRT (3609) is what they often use for large incidents. Sometimes they will just use their local crew talk groups instead.
Thank you. By the way, has anyone heard any traffic on the highway specific talk groups? Like NJTP Ops? I-295 ops?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
This past summer and the summer prior the I-RT72 Ops group was in use. I don't know what agency uses these talk groups. I think the activity I heard was related to heavy shore traffic and the construction work that was in progress on RT72 at the RT 9 bridge.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
This past summer and the summer prior the I-RT72 Ops group was in use. I don't know what agency uses these talk groups. I think the activity I heard was related to heavy shore traffic and the construction work that was in progress on RT72 at the RT 9 bridge.
Believe they’re mostly used as interops for major incidents.

I always see what I believe is a Jackson Twp RID affiliated to the 195 TG…. (Although the RID would suggest it’s an island heights radio I think it’s just a minor mix up between the municipality code and ORI numbers)

elias1988

Feed Provider