OKWIN P25 Phase II Control Channel Tulsa Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Back to 856.1125 this morning, 996XT took the 857.9375 and ran with it but the PSR-600 wouldn't.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
No Digital today (Sunday Morning) just analog ID'S showing on CC 856.1125

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Seeing ID activity today, for Gilcrease, Mingo Valley and Riverside.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Will phase 2 be system wide

If someone can come up with money to upgrade the site controllers to the current model, sure.

Norman's currently speccing out new equipment for Site 40 from their Public Safety Slush Fund. I'm sure it will be Phase 2 (since that's the current hardware/software). I have not read the RFP that has been floating around so I don't know if they plan to stay connected to OKWIN or not. Tulsa obviously has an independent source of taxpayer money to update their site(s) as well since they are doing it. Dunno about Edmond or Shawnee.

The state has a buck 3.80 to spend so I don't see them rushing to replace equipment that is currently functioning correctly.

n5bew1

If someone can come up with money to upgrade the site controllers to the current model, sure.

Norman's currently speccing out new equipment for Site 40 from their Public Safety Slush Fund. I'm sure it will be Phase 2 (since that's the current hardware/software). I have not read the RFP that has been floating around so I don't know if they plan to stay connected to OKWIN or not. Tulsa obviously has an independent source of taxpayer money to update their site(s) as well since they are doing it. Dunno about Edmond or Shawnee.

The state has a buck 3.80 to spend so I don't see them rushing to replace equipment that is currently functioning correctly.

I have been leafing thru Norman's radio proposals and It suggests they want a P25 type 1 and 2 system with keeping some of the legacy analog. That might keep them in OKWIN with some analog capability for OHP and others.Seems they decided to go for more that two sites also. Time will tell.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Thank you just wanted to know how quickly I'm going to have to upgrade.

My BC780XLT works on OKWIN Site 40 analog talkgroups just fine even though the site was rebanded some time ago. I am lucky - the only talkgroups that ever seem to get assigned to the rebanded transmitters are ones carrying P25 audio.

If you have an older P25 scanner (one that doesn't do actual P25 trunked systems), you can still listen until such time as your local site is upgraded to a true P25 site (9600-baud control channel).

If you have a newer P25 scanner (that does do 9600-baud CCs) you can still listen until such time as your local site is upgraded to support Phase 2 (TDMA).

If you have a current P25 scanner, you can listen to all of it right up until the point that the Powers That Be decide you are no longer allowed to listen to your public servants at work and order that encryption be enabled. Then it doesn't matter what radio you have.

IOW, don't sweat it until the channels you listen to actually disappear.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
If you have a current P25 scanner, you can listen to all of it right up until the point that the Powers That Be decide you are no longer allowed to listen to your public servants at work and order that encryption be enabled. Then it doesn't matter what radio you have.

Should have said "current digital scanner" since the current Bearcats will do ProVoice now and DMR next week(?) and the current Whistlers will do DMR next month(?) and NXDN "sometime" ...

peterjmag

Its interesting to see how they divided KNJH431 City of Tulsa site to half P25 Phase 2 and half analog mixed mode P25 Phase 1. I wonder if it's just going to be TPD, TFD, that will be the exclusive users for the new Phase 2 site? I also see that they are tied in with the Phase 1 sites down in Muskogee etc. We will just have to see how this all plays out. I know several agencies were issued new radios that can do multiple bands including VHF, UHF, 800 analog, phase 1 and 2 etc. for TAEMA and NWS Tulsa are using them.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Seeing some new ID's, 2273 I believe and it sounds like Tulsa Transit. Also I don't know if my PSR-600 is having trouble with TPD Gilcrease or they went Encrypted or Phase 2. Also seeing 2241 ID showing up.

nd5y

Seeing some new ID's, 2273 I believe and it sounds like Tulsa Transit. Also I don't know if my PSR-600 is having trouble with TPD Gilcrease or they went Encrypted or Phase 2. Also seeing 2241 ID showing up.

Multiply 2273 x 16 and you will see it is 36368 (decimal) on the analog system. It's not a new ID.
All the P25 IDs should be like that unless they changed talkgroup ID assignments.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber

I've had a few hits yesterday for Gilcrease. So far no P2 or encrypted talkgroups that I have seen.

peterjmag

I stand corrected. Looks like this site is phase1 for for now. This is good news and will allow most of us to save some money. I look forward to the completion. The analog side sounds pretty darn good as well.

peterjmag

I've been listening all weekend and so far all I have heard is TFD-MAIN and I do have to say for digital it sounds pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.