Oneida County Fire Alerting

k2hz

Database Admin
I am attempting to clean up obsolete RRDB entries and I see many individual fire department channels are tagged "Fire Dispatch". It is my understanding that all Fire Dispatch is now on Countywide 154.370/TG65040. Many of these individual FD channels have Home Alert in the description and the listings appear to be from many years ago.

I understand that many departments used Zetron 19 store and forward units along with Plectron Home Alert receivers that were products of the early 90s. In some cases, the FD used the Town Highway channel for the Home Alerts so some of these "Fire Dispatch" channels are (or were) also the Town Highway Dept.

So, it certainly sounds obsolete to be rebroadcasting the County tone outs on these channels but I can't find anyone familiar with the current operations.

A listing in the RRDB tagged Fire Dispatch implies the frequency should be monitored to hear alerts for that department. It appears that now all Dispatch is actually on 154.370. If the individual FD frequency is not actually Dispatch but still in use it should be tagged Tac or Talk and if no longer used should be Deprecated.

I would appreciate input about the current Fire Dispatch operations in the County so I can remove any obsolete or misleading info from the RRDB.

k2hz

Database Admin
Thanks for the input. Really surprised this old stuff is still working.

One other questionable listing:
158.7675151.475WQKY905RM162.2 PLNHFD DispFire Dispatch (Patched to TRS 02-065)FMNFire Dispatch
I was told New Hartford transitioned from EDACS to CNYICC so is it now a patch to the CNYICC Dispatch TG or a TAC TG, a stand alone repeater or no longer used?

eastpembroke29

Premium Subscriber
I am attempting to clean up obsolete RRDB entries and I see many individual fire department channels are tagged "Fire Dispatch". It is my understanding that all Fire Dispatch is now on Countywide 154.370/TG65040. Many of these individual FD channels have Home Alert in the description and the listings appear to be from many years ago.

I understand that many departments used Zetron 19 store and forward units along with Plectron Home Alert receivers that were products of the early 90s. In some cases, the FD used the Town Highway channel for the Home Alerts so some of these "Fire Dispatch" channels are (or were) also the Town Highway Dept.

So, it certainly sounds obsolete to be rebroadcasting the County tone outs on these channels but I can't find anyone familiar with the current operations.

A listing in the RRDB tagged Fire Dispatch implies the frequency should be monitored to hear alerts for that department. It appears that now all Dispatch is actually on 154.370. If the individual FD frequency is not actually Dispatch but still in use it should be tagged Tac or Talk and if no longer used should be Deprecated.

I would appreciate input about the current Fire Dispatch operations in the County so I can remove any obsolete or misleading info from the RRDB.

k2hz

Database Admin
Depends on the agency. A good percentage do. Others have Unications.
With a countywide VHF simulcast paging system on 154.370 for several years with Motorola and Unication pagers in use, why do many departments keep their own ancient store and forward Home Alert systems on individual Town channels in operation?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Probably for a similar reason why Rockland depts still have a "Quik-Call" box (now DTMF) at each firehouse which encodes their tones over the 12 site simulcast paging frequency after 911 tones them out...because that's how it's been done for 60 years!!!

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Many of the departments would "dispatch" from the station also on Home Alert for functions or events. Originally it was a coverage issue for some. I dont know how the coverage is now for VHF pagers.