OneVoice MotoTRBO Connect Plus Net 171

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Which brands support Motorola Connect Plus without affiliation?

I didn't think Motorola had licenced CP to any third party manufacturers.

D

DaveNF2G

Connect Systems and possibly Tytera.

I haven't seen any complaints from Hytera users about CON+ monitoring, either. Only Motorola "cripples" their own system on their own hardware, apparently.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
I have the Tytera Md-380 with the firmware hack. I looked up all the Frequencies at the Hartford site. A couple came back to Systems like Marcus etc. But most said not found when I looked up on FCC Database. If anyone has any luck which voice channels to try. list them here and I will try...Thanks

Alec

RayAir

Passive Connect Plus Monitoring

I am monitoring one 15 repeater and one 10 repeater Connect Plus TRS.

I've used a CS700 and MD-380 before with good results but the best results I get is with my Hytera PD782.
Why? You're not limited to 32 digital receive groups like you are with a CS or TYT. Granted 32 is better than 16 like my more expensive Motorola radios?? You can also use Hytera pseudo trunk to save programming time and increase scan speed. Instead of having to program each channel twice, you can program each voice channel only once (recommend rx only). Just remember to leave out the control data slot, so program the control frequency voice slot to its proper slot position. For the other frequencies instead of choosing "slot 1" or "slot 2" chose "Pseudo Trunk". Pseudo trunk will have the radio looking at both slots per channel for activity.
I'm running 47 digital receive groups in one list.

It works out good, but the system gets bogged down with business users during the day. In the evenings and at night it's mostly EMS and towing.

Con+ passive monitoring? Use a Hytera!

Note on Connect Plus authentication:
To have a MotoTRBO radio monitor a Con+ system as a valid subscriber unit requires the Con+ option board, Con+ CPS, and I believe Con+ f/w flash. Con+ CPS is bare bones compared to MotoTRBO CPS but you also need some other system info. The one thing you would need to make it work would be either a valid:

-Serial number, or,

-Physical serial number

The number must be of a valid system subscriber and be registered in the XRC9100 system controller. Even if you did happen to know a serial number I have no idea what the XRC9100 controller would do if it saw two registrations of the same serial # at the same time. Plus I'm sure as a non subscriber affiliating that would likely be illegal and you would be locking your radio to only the authorized TG of that subscriber serial #. Likely not a legal, feasible, or recommended option.

So far, as far as following certain TG's, DSD+ is probably the best option at the present. With the Hytera or any radio I know of you can't prioritize TG's.

D

DaveNF2G

I have the Tytera Md-380 with the firmware hack. I looked up all the Frequencies at the Hartford site. A couple came back to Systems like Marcus etc. But most said not found when I looked up on FCC Database. If anyone has any luck which voice channels to try. list them here and I will try...Thanks

Alec

Much of that system is operating on auctioned paging blocks, so individual frequencies will not show up in the ULS.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Three of the last 4 freqs listed for that site in the database are active. Cant recall which one is not, perhaps 25.

chris

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I am using dsd to listen to this system. The audio decodes pretty good on the talk groups. However, tg 30421 seems scrambled . Could it be encrypted or voice inverted?

Thanks

D

DaveNF2G

I think the best way to answer that would be to contact the system operator (or visit their website) and ask if they offer encryption.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I think the best way to answer that would be to contact the system operator (or visit their website) and ask if they offer encryption.

You are joking, right?

I thought since this is a multi-state system, that the best way to get the answer was to post here in hopes of a more experienced dsd user than myself, could provide an answer..

Don't see anything on the website about encryption.

17TLS02

Premium Subscriber
There are some assumptions about this system that appear to be hard-coded into the relevant Wiki and cannot be edited around.

Here are some updates and corrections:

This network covers a larger area than the map shows. Repeater Network, LLC, also holds several licenses for sites that are part of this system and the coverage extends into the lower Adirondacks. (see WQMX625 through 628)

Site locations are difficult to determine because, at least in the case of Repeater Network, LLC, these are Part 22 spectrum licenses with blocks of frequencies and market areas, rather than discrete channels and transmitter sites.

I could not figure out how to add color codes anywhere without creating new tables for each site.

Site 25 (unknown) Color Code: 4 on Control Channel: 454.43125 MHz
Site 41 (Austerlitz) Color Code: 5 on Control Channel: 454.16875 MHz

Neighbor information would also be useful for closing up the knowledge gaps.

Site 25 neighbors: 22, 23, 41
Site 41 neighbors: 20, 22, 23, 25, 40

My best guess for Site 25 at the moment would be Pinnacle or Helderburg Mountain.

Well not to just jump into your guys conversation but the University Of Missouri Motorola Turbo system can not be monitored by scanners only by Motorola Turbo radios, if this is similar to what you are talking about.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I have heard encryption on that system before. I can't recall if it was Basic Privacy or Enhanced Privacy.

chris

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
I am using dsd to listen to this system. The audio decodes pretty good on the talk groups. However, tg 30421 seems scrambled . Could it be encrypted or voice inverted?

Thanks

Local multi state (KS,MO and NEB) Con + encrypted calls will show up with a red fount in DSDPlus. There is also Encrypted in the active call line.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
I am using 1.114. I think the two previous versions also did showed the encrypted call TG/RID and if it was a PVT call or not.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
The Event Log window. If there is no listing. You could summit the raw audio for programmers to check and perhaps improve the program if there is an issue.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I am running the latest public version 10.1

How would I capture the raw audio and where would I submit it to?

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you are hearing multiple TGs clear and one garbled, it is almost certainly encrypted.
You would see the normal line in the Event file but at the end, you would also see something like
Alg=EP KeyID=3
That means Enhanced Privacy and using the key that was entered into key position 3 in the radio

chris

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you are hearing multiple TGs clear and one garbled, it is almost certainly encrypted.
You would see the normal line in the Event file but at the end, you would also see something like
Alg=EP KeyID=3
That means Enhanced Privacy and using the key that was entered into key position 3 in the radio

chris

The tg in question does display "Alg=EP KeyID=5"

Is there a difference between Alg=EP KeyID=3 and Alg=EP KeyID=5?

Attachments

• dsd e.JPG
    dsd e.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 484

cg

Premium Subscriber
A radio can be programmed with encryption on multiple talkgroups. If you want some people to have access to one channel, but not others, you program in several keys. This event is telling the radio which key is used on that talkgroup.
That is merely an "address" for the key and has nothing to do with what the actual characters within the key.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.