Pafford EMS coming to Biloxi

scanphreak

In case no one caught the news at the end of 2023 city of Biloxi chose and approved Pafford EMS to be the city's main-line ambulance service. It'll be interesting to see if they're going to use MSWIN for dispatch or the county's system. Thoughts?

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
I've seen their talkgroups on MSWIN greatly increase in affiliations and traffic since November. Just saw the blurb on the City's website last week though.

Last edited:

TheRadioGuru

Pafford will be using MSWIN for primary dispatch but have made sure to purchase Harris radios that will allow them to have interoperability with Harrison County agencies. I've actually already got their coastal talkgroups.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
I have been receiving TG 60320 and 60321. I know they are medical. Could this possibly be the new talk groups?

scanphreak

I have been receiving TG 60320 and 60321. I know they are medical. Could this possibly be the new talk groups?
See that's what I was wondering because I've never heard 60320 on the sites I monitor down here until recently, but slhbeard responded on the MSWIN thread saying that talkgroup belongs to AAA Ambulance in Forrest/Perry Counties. It just hasn't been put in the DB by anyone yet.

scanphreak

Pafford will be using MSWIN for primary dispatch but have made sure to purchase Harris radios that will allow them to have interoperability with Harrison County agencies. I've actually already got their coastal talkgroups.
What are the 'coastal talkgroups' then?

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
See that's what I was wondering because I've never heard 60320 on the sites I monitor down here until recently, but slhbeard responded on the MSWIN thread saying that talkgroup belongs to AAA Ambulance in Forrest/Perry Counties. It just hasn't been put in the DB by anyone yet.
I got that info from someone on the MSWIN page. They would have to submit it because I can't verify.

Pafford

Premium Subscriber
We will be utilizing 64035 as our GulfCoast TG. We have additional TAC channels but they are strictly for events and are for statewide use within our entire organization.
We have requested permission to be on the Harrison County Radio system in an effort to easily communicate with the local fire departments while enroute. We placed an order for Harris Radios that will do both MSWIN and interface with them. I don't believe we'll have an issue getting on their radio system as our predecessor is on it now (how much they use it I do not know). We will dispatch and communicate internally thru MSWIN but all interlocal traffic will be on the Harris system which is not monitored by our dispatch centers which is normal for us.

scanphreak

We will be utilizing 64035 as our GulfCoast TG. We have additional TAC channels but they are strictly for events and are for statewide use within our entire organization.
We have requested permission to be on the Harrison County Radio system in an effort to easily communicate with the local fire departments while enroute. We placed an order for Harris Radios that will do both MSWIN and interface with them. I don't believe we'll have an issue getting on their radio system as our predecessor is on it now (how much they use it I do not know). We will dispatch and communicate internally thru MSWIN but all interlocal traffic will be on the Harris system which is not monitored by our dispatch centers which is normal for us.
Hey thanks for the information!

AMR is extremely active on the Harrison County system. They have multiple talkgroups on it which are defined in the DB. I'm assuming they're still going to retain the contract for all of the other municipalities and the county. FWIW tonight I'm hearing radio traffic on 62040 (Pafford Dispatch 1) for the very first time through my local tower. I'm assuming someone down here must have affiliated their radio monitoring the tg. But it's good info you provided.

Pafford

Premium Subscriber
Hey thanks for the information!

AMR is extremely active on the Harrison County system. They have multiple talkgroups on it which are defined in the DB. I'm assuming they're still going to retain the contract for all of the other municipalities and the county. FWIW tonight I'm hearing radio traffic on 62040 (Pafford Dispatch 1) for the very first time through my local tower. I'm assuming someone down here must have affiliated their radio monitoring the tg. But it's good info you provided.
Yeah we have already moved equipment down there and are setting up. Several of the trucks are on that channel but will be moved to the GC TG in a week or so.

kj4jaq

Gulf of Mexico Galavanter
Premium Subscriber
Late to the party, but thank you Pafford for stepping up to the plate here on RR with info and also with better employment opportunities to those who opted to leave the dumpster fire, AMR GC.

kj4jaq

Gulf of Mexico Galavanter
Premium Subscriber
Yep. Memorial sent email that on 0001 of 3/1, call pafford for all transports besides helo transfers to level 1s. Dont call AMR.