Palm Desert, CA

astrorx

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a frequency list for actively used channels in Palm Desert area - EMS, Fire, Sheriff, etc?

MiCon

Mike
Look at the Riverside County area of this website. All channels are current. PD is encrypted, FD in the clear and EMS is NXDN
Also check the RR listings for Cal Fire RRU (under CA Dept of Forestry & Fire Protection); Joshua Tree Nat Park (under National Park Service); and San Bernardino Nat Forest (under US Forest Service). All are in the clear, and monitorable from anywhere in the Coachella Valley.

Cal Fire Riverside Ranger Unit covers everything outside of the local cities FD boundaries.

CHP can be found under CA state listings (CA Highway Patrol).

astrorx

Premium Subscriber
Look at the Riverside County area of this website. All channels are current. PD is encrypted, FD in the clear and EMS is NXDN
Is there a special way to add a NXDN system? I added the channel for EMS, but only static. I'm using Sentinel and ProScan.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Also, you can pull off Onyx Peak on The SBDCO FIRE Trunked System. You will get a few talkgroups up in the mountains too. Its pretty spotty in Palm Springs but if you have a good sensitive radio like a Unication G5 or similar its another option for you. Onyx Peak is off the side of Big Bear Mountains and you can pull in the trunking site for The SBDCO System. Only FIRE only. If you program NAS into your Motorola you should be-able to pickup some talkgroups but you can't put that Moto radio in ID Search Mode so I will have to get you some talkgroups. Here is a link for Onyx Peak. Phase 1 FDMA 700/800 mhz

If you have an APX or an XTS 5000 I can clone a code plug for you in 700/800. Let me know

2-DISP-1
3-DISP-2
2-CMD-4
2-TAC-4
2-CMD-5
2-CMD-5
3-CMD-9
3-TAC-9

Last edited:

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Is there a special way to add a NXDN system? I added the channel for EMS, but only static. I'm using Sentinel and ProScan.
Welcome to the RR forums. Does (do) your Uniden scanner(s) have the NXDN paid upgrade? If you're importing info straight from Sentinel or Proscan but hearing only data noise then I'd assume no. Nothing "special" to do as far as monitoring goes when you have the paid upgrade installed

Kingscup

Feed Provider
Cal Fire Riverside Ranger Unit covers everything outside of the local cities FD boundaries.

Incorrect. CAL FIRE (through contract) provides fire protection to 20 cities within Riverside county. They are the Riverside County Fire Department. Also, ranger unit was dropped by the dept 20 years ago. Behind the scenes, it is now called administrative unit.

MiCon

Mike
Incorrect. CAL FIRE (through contract) provides fire protection to 20 cities within Riverside county. They are the Riverside County Fire Department. Also, ranger unit was dropped by the dept 20 years ago. Behind the scenes, it is now called administrative unit.
It was a generalized statement for someone asking about frequencies for the area. There are many specifics about the Cal Fire / RVC set-up that I didn't think was important to his request. As a former CDFer in the 70's, it will always be Ranger Unit to me.