Part radio, part computer, part "Tim Allen"

BinaryMode

What can I say?

Radios I have here consist of: (1) BCD325P2 (all upgrades), (1) BCD396XT, (1) Radio Shack Pro 64, (1) BC296D (my first digital) (1) Radio Shack Pro 2042 (Used to own another with an Opto535 board), (1) Hallicrafters S-120 vacuum tube driven shortwave radio, plus various other two-way radios shown and not shown. There's also the NooElec and RTL-SDR v3 SDRs. One digital is fed via an outside Procomm wide band antenna. Another digital is fed via an outside old AMPS cell antenna. Inside the room is another old AMPS cell antenna attached to the furnace duct. Those old AMPS cell antennas work great for 800MHz. And I got a bunch for the low, low rate of "free" at work many years ago.

Laptop is a Dell Latitude running several instances of ProScan. Eventually I'll replace it with one of my old micro ITX type computers I have here or a Dell micro Optiplex 7050. The middle bottom display is connected to a micro ITX computer watching the skies above 24/7 from the adsbexchange website. The other display to the bottom right which is powered off goes to my game server. I'm about to change that setup in the next few days with a different server.

In the car is a BCD996P2 in a dual DIN configuration with DMR and NXDN upgrades fed via a wide band Procomm antenna.

The Procomm antennas seem to work pretty good. Only downfall may be the SMA connector since you may need an adapter to change to BNC.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 376
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 384
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 370

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
I used to hoard the old Motorola bag phone antennas. They were nice being right angle and mini-UHF they would go right on the back of an 800 mobile sitting on the desk.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I used to hoard the old Motorola bag phone antennas. They were nice being right angle and mini-UHF they would go right on the back of an 800 mobile sitting on the desk.
I think I still have a TNC version of the Bag-phone antenna in my junk box, they worked great for HT's as well as desktop with that swivel joint. I had a hard time finding the TNC-BNC adapter back in the day, R/S cataloged them but never seemed to have them. I finally found a couple at Dayton that year.

BinaryMode

Yeah, I have a few bag phones actually. On the Internet you can download the so-called Motorola bible and somehow make these bag phones like a two-way radio. I think the things put out a good 5 watts.

And yeah, I had to buy a mini UHF to F connector on eBay to connect my 75 ohm cable to the one AMPS cell antenna. I didn't want to cut it off.

Most of what I'm interested here is in the 800 MHz band so the antennas work great.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Yeah, I have a few bag phones actually. On the Internet you can download the so-called Motorola bible and somehow make these bag phones like a two-way radio. I think the things put out a good 5 watts.
Been there, done that. They are 3W and don't do simplex. You can unmute the receiver and turn on the transmitter on whatever pair you tell it. Made for good monitor receivers if you didn't have an unblocked scanner at the time...