HP-2: Parts - Battery Door/Cover

bdub5

That one guy...
Premium Subscriber
I contacted Uniden customer service via email to inquire about a new battery door/cover for my HP2. They were less than helpful and directed me to the webpage and a refurbished website. Of course neither has the battery cover/door listed.

I thought I would check here to see if anyone has had a similar need or might have a contact for such a part.

anderd

Try calling them.
I tried calling them about a sds100 last week in hopes of buying a few of the encoders, usb ports and possibly a keypad since they're the major wear parts. All they do is direct you to the refurb site and a page for accessories lol. I used to have a number i used tfor getting parts for scanners and cb radios like bezels and such. There was actually someone who could look up the part with or without the part number and get you a replacement. A actual parts department lol, Pretty sure the number i had was the main number though, not some secret line or whatever lol. So maybe im just REALLY unlucky because i tried a few times in case i just reached someone who didnt understand what i was asking for, but everyone i spoke to told me the same thing, check those sites which dont have any parts, just prodicts and accessories.

On a side note, i did manage to get the encoder working correctly again, not sure if it was because i removed it and put it back in after looking for a part number, and maybe it was aligned better or if it was the small piece of heat shrink i put on the D shaft that allows the plastic knob to sit slightly higher than it normally would, now its not skipping and the select function works consistently again as when i t was new. Im still searching Mouser/Digikey for a replacement. Im hopeful lol :)