Passaic County to Nyack Chase Shots fired, suspect captured

Status
Not open for further replies.

noahyc

Just finished listening to a major chase involving Fort Lee, Bergen County PD, Passaic County SD, PAPD, Rockland County Sheriff and South Nyack Police.

Started when a a guy left the scene of an accident at 80 in Paterson. Paterson units were responding and a county car attempted to stop the guy when he fled east on 80 towards 46. After that he fled over the GWB with PAPD and Fort Lee in pursuit.

Dispatch informed he was wanted for Attempted Murder.

He drove on the Henry Hudson and in to Yonkers. Then onto the Saw Mill. Passaic and Bergen were still on him the entire way!

Shoots were fired at the chase cars. I heard reports of a Westchester County PD car crashing but luckily no officers are reported injured.

Passaic County Sheriff's car followed this guy into Nyack and Rockland State Park where he was nabbed. Assistance from numerous local Rockland depts and Bergen County PD.

As of now Rt 80 East bound is closed while NJSP and county are searching for a metal item thrown from the car.

Amazing stuff. Good work to all the cops - they stayed on this scum bag and it paid off.

Anyone else hear anything about this?
It was on SPEN1, SPEN3, Passaic dispatch and Rockland county.

Last edited:

noahyc

a quick update...

Just heard the Passaic County Sheriff himself over the PSD dispatch thanking everyone for their work and calling it an "outstanding job"

He did mentioned that a few officers were injured but seem to be OK. Passaic CSI/ESU is helping with the NY scene and said that the suspects were shot.

B

BNN987

the perp was shot in rockland county at the rockland state park to the arm and has non life threatening injuries, multi shots were fired at police and has struck cars.

it originally was a anti crime passaic county sheriff's unmarked car that saw a pickup with 2 males abduct a female right off the street!!

when the chase started they dumped the female out...

also reports of drugs thrown out of the vehicle during the pursuit possibly heroin per police

Kevin Goralski

noahyc

Damn...Great work to the cops. Passaic County is getting worse everyday, these guys are busy.

Strange because I heard mentions of a possible abduction but I thought it was related to the passenger. I thought there some kind of accident on Route 80.

Thanks for additional info

xpawel15x

noahyc said:
Just finished listening to a major chase involving Fort Lee, Bergen County PD, Passaic County SD, PAPD, Rockland County Sheriff and South Nyack Police.

Started when a a guy left the scene of an accident at 80 in Paterson. Paterson units were responding and a county car attempted to stop the guy when he fled east on 80 towards 46. After that he fled over the GWB with PAPD and Fort Lee in pursuit.

Dispatch informed he was wanted for Attempted Murder.

He drove on the Henry Hudson and in to Yonkers. Then onto the Saw Mill. Passaic and Bergen were still on him the entire way!

Shoots were fired at the chase cars. I heard reports of a Westchester County PD car crashing but luckily no officers are reported injured.

Passaic County Sheriff's car followed this guy into Nyack and Rockland State Park where he was nabbed. Assistance from numerous local Rockland depts and Bergen County PD.

As of now Rt 80 East bound is closed while NJSP and county are searching for a metal item thrown from the car.

Amazing stuff. Good work to all the cops - they stayed on this scum bag and it paid off.

Anyone else hear anything about this?
It was on SPEN1, SPEN3, Passaic dispatch and Rockland county.

Can you tell me exactly what frequencies the Passaic Sheriff Dept uses?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.