Police Call 6 and Pro-2052

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbitzer

I was going through some of my radio related stuff and pulled out the Police Call CD's. (Now before anyone asks, I am not looking for the 7th word on page 6, or the last word on page 9. This is not related to software infringement). Here's where I need some guidance. I have the Pro-2052 connected to an old laptop using a DB9 - DB9 cable

I have two editions of the CD : fourth and sixth and both appear to work fine with a small exception.

When I use the fourth edition and search and I can program the Pro-2052 with no issues
When I use the sixth edition and search, instead of a button for the Pro-2052 there is a icon for a portable scanner (I think it uses an external program like Win92 or something)

I have looked through the help, and searched google and can find no way to set the configuration to program this particular scanner. What I find odd is when I launch the sixth edition there is a picture of my Pro-2052. It's not a huge deal if I can't program with the sixth edition, I can get the frequencies into the unit using a different method or program.

If anyone has seen this and knows how to set it to the correct scanner please let me know. Thanks!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm unsure about what program you are using for your 2052, but using Police Call is very passe - it's very out of date by now. We have a lot more information in our database.

About the best program you will find that supports the 2052 is Scan Control . It has a specialized copy/paste utility called the Data Grabber that copies data directly from our database. You don't even need a paid subscription to use it (although at some point we wish you would...).

Scan Control also has a dedicated Yahoo group for support. best regards..Mike

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Scan Control is great and what i prefered when i had my pro-2052 but here are two other programs:

Software

Official Site For Elmore Software

Like Mike said PC is very outdated. Another plus for these radios is if i remember correctly you can remote control the radio via the pc as well which allows you to add Alpha Tags when monitoring via PC Screen...

jbitzer

Thanks do much for the info on ScanControl. I wasn't aware of the datagrabber feature (which I have tested out). I will give the others a look as well but it seems the general population favors ScanControl for this radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.