Powell County old freqs?

silverbk

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone here in Powell County?

I am programming a receive only portable radio for my buddy that just moved out there. He gave me a photo of a piece of paper that he got from a local. I took a look at the database and some of the frequencies reconcile, some do not. I am looking for up to date knowledge on what's still in use. Any help or guidance is appreciaited.
He is not that radio savy and will not be able to make changes easily, so I want to get it right.stine.jpg

jjwhite29

Premium Subscriber
RadioReference Data Base is most up to date you can use. I can't really get a good look at paper. Just let him know most of all MHP traffic by Deer Lodge is Digital. I pick up most of all Powell County from my house here in Philipsburg with what is in the RR Data Base. I even hear all the EMS and Fire pages.

silverbk

Premium Subscriber
I am glad RR is up to date for your county. I am always surprised by changes in my area.
Most of the freqs I have reconciled except a few:

153.905 for Sheriff
151.220 State Lands Tac
152.975 Fire Mutual Aid red
154.370 LE mutual aid blue
154.665 state lands
151.175 state lands tac yellow
151.250 state land clearwater
154.695 Lolo NF

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
Lolo National Forest has changed frequencies to fall under the Federal bandplan.
Try:
172.3875 nfm
172.375 nfm
These all came from the Federal listings for Montana in the Radio Reference database.
73, Rex