Powered folding antenna mount

prcguy

For a cleaner look there is this nice US made version. I've wanted one for some time but don't want to pay that much $$.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
That's a little over $400 USD.

Nice looking heavy duty mounts.
I know Australians love to run those big fat antennas. But I'm happy with a thinner antenna that will absorb tree branch strikes. For $400 I can get out and unscrew the antenna.

Might be a nice option for a big mobile HF antenna.

merlin

colodak

That's a little over $400 USD.

Nice looking heavy duty mounts.
I know Australians love to run those big fat antennas. But I'm happy with a thinner antenna that will absorb tree branch strikes. For $400 I can get out and unscrew the antenna.

Might be a nice option for a big mobile HF antenna.
Feeling the same way, my issue is becoming that my antenna are mounted in the middle of the roof of a lifted pickup and it's getting to be a PITA to reach them.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Not recommended for antennas over 31.4 inches? (800mm) Diamond has motorized mounts (hatchback, trunk, or rack) that handle 45 inches..
Granted, the antenna they show on the Aussie mount is a chonky piece.. but dang...When I first looked at the pic and saw basically channel iron, I was thinking it might be worth saving up for...

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I have used the Diamond rack mount motorized lift 10 times a week for over 10 years. The antenna on it is 40” (1000cm) and no problem raising while driving. It also survives when you forget to lower it pulling into the garage. The mechanism allows the lift/antenna to collapse down. One needs to loosen and re-tighten a nut to reset it. I have done that twice. The Diamond is around $100.

The other mount posted by prcguy that is $650 will handle 8’ (2438mm)