Pro 106 Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffemt1098

I have a Radio Shack Pro 106 (with latest firmware updated) that I am using Win500 to program. I have my scanner set up to scan multiple scanlists that include both CONV and TSYS objects. Out of the many channels programmed in the scanner, I have only one channel with the priority enabled; that channel is the first channel in the #1 scan list with channel number 00001.

In Win500 I have the priority enabled (and it displays as such on the scanner's screen with PRI being displayed), the quick post-priority unmute is selected, as well as the TGRP's interrupted checked. CONV to check each pass is set to 0 and the interval is set to 30 (or every three seconds).

During normal scan mode the scanner will stop on any of the non-priority frequencies that has radio traffic. I can hear the normal skip every 3 seconds as if it is checking the priority channel. However, when radio traffic is being transmitted on the priority channel it will not jump back to the priority channel automatically as I believe it should so I can hear the channel that I selected as the priority channel. I also used to notice the scanner would sometimes display "priority check" from time to time but I have not seen that displayed in quite a while.

What am I doing wrong or what setting(s) do I need to enable/disable to get my scanner to function properly and jump back to the priority channel when traffic is received on the one priority channel I have selected?

Thanks in advance for the learned advice.

FFEMT1098, Esq.

QDP2012

Welcome to RR,

So far, from my experience with the RS106, priority-scanning seems to behave differently if you set it on a digital-talkgroup versus a conventional frequency.

For conventional frequencies, the radio will priority-check it regardless of what else is scanning at the moment.

For digital talkgroups, the radio will not priority-check that talkgroup unless that talkgroup's TSYS is the currently active TSYS. If you don't see that TG's TSYS name displayed on the bottom line, it's not active.

Maybe these links will help, too.

Easier to read manual for the RS106, etc.
Radio Shack's RS106 page where .pdf manual is available

note:
Also, two conditions must be true for the priority function to be enabled and working.
  • First, the individual channel/talkgroup must have priority selected for that channel/TG. (The indicator "P" should be capitalized on the display for that TG/channel. Use manual-mode to navigate to the channel and verify this. In manual mode, Func-Pri will toggle this.) This tells the radio what to consider as "priority".
  • Also, while in scan mode, the radio must be in Priority-Check mode (Press Scan, and Func-Pri to toggle the Priority-Check mode). This tells the radio to actually check the priority-marked channels/TGs.
Both conditions must be true for priority scanning to happen.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.