PRO-106 Programming Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlimited

I recently went to upload a new set of data into the scanner to add more talkgroups and things like that. Anyway, I got it added ok. But when I go to click a scanlist button to turn on like BNSF Railway or any other I get an error message called "Heap Error 217F21 : 2186".

Does anyone know why it is doing that?

Also,

With PRO-96 scanner, how can you upload data to it? I cannot get past that screen when you plug in the PC/IF cord.

Thanks

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Stationary - one site or system that uses same CC on each tower.
Roam - used when each tower has its own CC. That way when the CC you are receiving reaches a set lower signal strength the scanner searches for a stronger one.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
According to scanner display during check for meaning of OFF/ROAM/STAT by using:
PGM>EDIT>CURR>▼ to TSYS>SEL>▼ to Multi-Site:>FUNC SEL
ROAM=lock to one site.
STAT= check all CC's,
However, if STAT is selected an option appears on next line for allowing a NO/YES on Checking ALL CC's.
Then using FUNC SEL on this option will indicate
Yes=check all CC's in every pass. (meaning without Threshold options)
Of course if No (default) is the option for STAT it will lock on first acquired CC.
If you are in fact driving (ROAMing) around the sites in the system a STAT with NO setting will require a complete loss of signal from first acquired CC before shopping for next CC to acquire. A STAT with Yes or ROAM with tweaked Threshold settings might be better for driving around multi-site area.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I recently went to upload a new set of data into the scanner to add more talkgroups and things like that. Anyway, I got it added ok. But when I go to click a scanlist button to turn on like BNSF Railway or any other I get an error message called "Heap Error 217F21 : 2186".
See PSR-500/600 Heap Errors - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite for Heap Error data.
With PRO-96 scanner, how can you upload data to it? I cannot get past that screen when you plug in the PC/IF cord.
Normal for 96/2096. Use software menu for sending/receiving data to/from scanner. If attempting to upgrade DSP, run the upgrade exe and follow instructions in upgrade dialog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.