Pro-107 Accessories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-WeB

I am looking at buying a Pro-107 for $30. The catch is, it only comes with the scanner itself and SD card. My question is, can I get the other accessories and how much are they? I can't find what kind of USB cable it uses. Do I need anything else for this scanner? Is it a good buy?

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
The USB cable, which is necessary for updating radio firmware and can be used for powering/charging the scanner has a custom connector on it and is only available from GRE or through RSU Parts at Radio Shack. There is a thread here that you can search for that lists the part number and price. When I work Monday, I will double check on the availability of the cable from RSU parts. If I remember correctly, the price for the cable is about $40. Software is also available on Disk from RSU parts.

J-WeB

whew, man that is pricey for a cable. Not sure if I will get it if the cable alone is $40, and a new antenna is about $20. Should I just get a factory refurb one for $129, and at least get the entire setup?

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
I bought a Pro-107

from DigiCircle.com a few weeks back. Mine was also w/o antenna, software or cable. The 107 is made by GRE and is the same thing as the PSR-700. Anyway, you can go to this site:

GRE America, Inc. - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite

and get the manual AND the software for free. The version # is 1.04 (the latest I think).
I use the software to program in the frequencies that I need for the area. Works great.

Remember, it isn't digital, but for the price, it AINT a bad deal.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
RSU Part number 12480224 for the CABLE ASSY USB sells for $42.89 plus shipping but is Not In Stock at RSU parts at this time.

KS4JU

I got one of the $30 Pro-107 scanners from DigiCircle a few days ago that came with just the radio and SD card. The radio itself was in excellent condition with only a very small scuff mark on the back edge of the radio. Popped in some batteries and attached an old 800mhz scanner antenna. Loaded up some frequencies and the Pro-107 worked perfectly. Nice little analog trunk tracker for $30 + $9 shipping. The free GRE software lets you program the SD card just fine. The USB cable is not really necessary unless you want or need to update the firmware. If you feel you need all the parts, then the Radio Shack refurbished deal may be a better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.