PRO-197 Scanning Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

drguitarum2005

Premium Subscriber
Howdy Yall, just got my PRO-197, first digital scanner and first one I've NOT programmed by hand. Initially, as I added each set of channels (IE all local FD channels) from rr.com (premium), even though they are under the same P25 system (TxWARN), it created that TGRP as if it was a new, different system. Therefore I have 15 instances of the same TxWARN P25 system, each with different talkgroups associated with them.

For ease of labeling, I changed the label of each system to more accurately describe the talkgroups I have under them. If I were to move them all back into the same system (forfeiting my fancy labels), would the scanner run through the talkgroups more quickly? My problem is it takes 5-10 seconds to loop around back to the one single channel that I want to ALWAYS hear.

Thanks!

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
There are a number of ways to do this. One way is to flush everything out of the radio, load ALL of the talk groups you want to listen to into one scan list and then edit that scan list moving different talkgroups to other scan lists grouping them as you want to. You can put a talkgroup in more than one scanlist and also set that talkgroup to priority. I used WIN500 to do this.

drguitarum2005

Premium Subscriber
There are a number of ways to do this. One way is to flush everything out of the radio, load ALL of the talk groups you want to listen to into one scan list and then edit that scan list moving different talkgroups to other scan lists grouping them as you want to. You can put a talkgroup in more than one scanlist and also set that talkgroup to priority. I used WIN500 to do this.

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and left my 15 identical (but uniquely named) TSYS systems in there as the limit is 32 and I obviously am not up to that yet. I'll combine them if I need the space later. I added that main channel I need to every list that I scan so it'll get scanned in every list, not just in the single one it was in. Thanks for the ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.