pro-96/WIN96 help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mypro96

Greetings all,

I recently acquired a pro 96 and downloaded WIN96 for some assistance setting up my new scanner for KSP and Warren County/BGPD... So far NOT so good, I am getting an error message "timed out waiting for header" as I try to download what I already have programmed. When I try to use the help file nothing comes up.

Not sure if I am even posting in the correct section..

I am using a 20-4046 usb cable.

I do not mind to pay the $30.00 for software rights if I can get it to work correctly.

I don't want to try and upload anything until I can download whats in there already. Make any sense?

The scanner is doing well so far changing to a DG when I get a digital KSP signal.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ermin

Greetings all,

I recently acquired a pro 96 and downloaded WIN96 for some assistance setting up my new scanner for KSP and Warren County/BGPD... So far NOT so good, I am getting an error message "timed out waiting for header" as I try to download what I already have programmed. When I try to use the help file nothing comes up.

Not sure if I am even posting in the correct section..

I am using a 20-4046 usb cable.

I do not mind to pay the $30.00 for software rights if I can get it to work correctly.

I don't want to try and upload anything until I can download whats in there already. Make any sense?

The scanner is doing well so far changing to a DG when I get a digital KSP signal.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Greetings from Sunny South Florida!

You need the 20-047 RS cable. (I think there is another type available from GRE)

I get that error message when the comm port has changed (not sure why that happens some time)

Go into device manager when you have your cable plugged in and see what port it is on. Then check in WIN96 and make sure it is set to the same port. Then it should be smooth sailing.

Ermin

mypro96

20-047

Thanks for the reply-can't find that cord on RS website. I realIy think it's my settings and not the cord. I just haven't had a moment free to play around with it and thought someone might give me a quick fix.

BTW, this is a brand new user name for me. A few years ago I posted under myhdsport-just can't crack my old password or even remember my old e-mail. Probably should send out at least one pm. Maybe I'll just wait for YOU to pm ME. You know who you are!! Hello my friend. I do see you are still posting your knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.