• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Programming Uniden BCT8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I got a Uniden BCT8 yesterday. *My main purpose is to monitor my local police dept* Eastway Division. I had read all about trunking prior to purchasing a scanner. SO i just pulled it out of the box and tried to search manually. When I got some generral action on the scanner I tried to program the frequencies in and the instructions were just very confusing (and I believe incorrect). I have yet to be able to program anything. With that said...
The BCT8 is supposed to be preprogrammed for state hwy patrol. I live in Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, NC, I set the HWY mode to NC and got a little bit of action. Then I figured I would try SC HWY since we are close to the border. My scanner blew up with local police action, EMS, & fire for Charlotte NC ***NOT the SC HWY patrol***. (Hey i'm not complaining! I got my local police division (8944 is the talk group that shows on my scanner). So now I'm at least halfway to getting my money's worth.
So the only way I know how to get to this 8944 talkgroup is to my SC HWY setting let it scan and push the up button until the scanner eventually picks up 8944and i can punch the hold button. I don't know how to go directly to 8944 or type it in or something. **So that is my major question** How do I cut through the that messy process and just pop right to it? That's all i want to do for right now. Everything else is icing on the cake. Another question I have is where does the talk group ID come from? I guess I mean is that something I would program in? or when I program the frequencies in for a particular trunked system will the scanner automatically make an association to a certain talk group (like the ID is sent by a control tower)?
Note the NC HWY isn't really trunking on my scanner. I don't think it came programmed with NC. I think know that because I am not getting the talk group numbers i get for SC. For NC I just see frequencies when the scanner gets a hit.

Any help would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.