Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

TactileGamer

Hello everyone I just bought a Uniden BCD325P2 scanner for my county. Now the issue I'm having is programming it. Our county uses Project p25 Phase 2 I'm new to programming and I'm using freescan as the software. Which should I just use... MOT type 2/ P25 or use P25 standard (digital XT).

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the forum! I would recommend a subscription to RR.com. That would enable you to download the frequencies and agencies of choice, including all relevant settings, right into FreeScan. I've relied on RR many times for downloading to FreeScan and uploading to my Uniden 996xt. Also, if you let us know what agency you're trying to program along with your location, we could provide a bit more help.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
So, I downloaded Houston Cty. to FreeScan (not that I can receive them here in Upstate NY :) ) just to see what type of system comes up. It appears to be composed of three sites, Houston County, Peach County, and Warner Robins. Each site type is listed as "Mot P25/P25 Standard".

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Make sure you are using Version 2.18 of FreeScan.

Here is a link to an easier to read manual: Easier to Read BCD325P2 Digital Scanner Manual

Note for Motorola/P25 systems: If you are not sure if the system is Motorola or P25, look at the system voice in the RR database for your system. Those entries that say System Voice: Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface are not true Project 25 systems as they have one or more analog talkgroups. Program these systems as a Motorola system and let the scanner detect the digital. If the System Voice says System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive then the system is a true Project 25 system and program it as a P25 system. (Marks Easier To Read Manual)

Last edited:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone I just bought a Uniden BCD325P2 scanner for my county. Now the issue I'm having is programming it. Our county uses Project p25 Phase 2 I'm new to programming and I'm using freescan as the software. Which should I just use... MOT type 2/ P25 or use P25 standard (digital XT).

Welcome! :cool:

I'm not sure if Freescan supports Phase 2 programming.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There is no programming difference between APCO Phase 1 and Phase 2 systems. Freescan supports both.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Is there a way of getting the APCO band plan?
If it's a true P25 system, Phase I or Phase II, the band plan is normally filled in automatically from the control channel data. There are a very few systems where that is not the case, largely, I think, federal or military. But the vast majority of the systems are handled automatically.

If you are asking because of an error message when loading via FreeSCAN, 'System xxx missing APCO band plan', just ignore it. Generally, you only see that the first time a new system is loaded.

TactileGamer

Well we do have a true P25 system, and I have it set as p25 standard and the APCO band plan doesn’t show. I thought it was something like a fleet map for type 1 systems but for type 2 in a way. I still picks up everything but I never can understand what the band plan is for.

N8IAA

P-25 Standard.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.