ProScan

jrl44430

Turned off antivirus and firewall. Tried administrator and still nothing. I am ready to give up.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yes, Just seeing 6 not 6.exe.

In Windows File Explorer, click "View" from the top menu bar, then click on "Show", then be sure "File name extensions" is checked.

Do you see "ProScan_22_6.exe" now?

1708958721567.png

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yes I now see exe but it still will not open.
If you've turned off all anti-virus and firewall software, and tried all 3 ways to run that file (double click, right click and then click open, or click once to highlight the file and hit enter on the keyboard), then something in your computer is still blocking that installation file from running. It's very unusual that the "ProScan_22_6.exe" installation file won't run at all. You'll just have to trace down what it is that's blocking it, or try a different computer.

jMXj895RNrAnmiLMSyzg

Premium Subscriber
Are you using Webroot antivirus by any chance? It's blocking the ProScan1.dll file. I reported the false positive to Webroot yesterday.
There was another false-positive last week with Win Security/Defender that Microsoft fixed.
VirusTotal flags a problem with ProScan 22.6 and 22.8 where three of 93 AV vendors reacted to it. Which means 90 found no problem, so it's likely they're false positives. (I skipped 22.7)