PSR-800 Firmware U1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonzo

Premium Subscriber
I did the update, I am noticing absolutely no change at all. I listen to Louduon County, VA which I receive without issue. However, Loudoun is TDMA and according to these threads the scanner should be showing D2 instead of DG. Mine still shows DG so is there a setting I am suposed to change or something else I need to do to apply the update to my scanner?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I did the update, I am noticing absolutely no change at all. I listen to Louduon County, VA which I receive without issue. However, Loudoun is TDMA and according to these threads the scanner should be showing D2 instead of DG. Mine still shows DG so is there a setting I am suposed to change or something else I need to do to apply the update to my scanner?

Loudoun County's system is X2-TDMA, not Phase II TDMA. This firmware enabled Phase II TDMA decoding. D2 will only appear when decoding a Phase II TDMA talkgroup.

Your scanner is acting normally, you weren't supposed to see anything different because you're not listening to a system that was affected by the update.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
That's why I love this forum, question asked and answered, thank you!

And no mention of a certain battery type that you must use. :D

Back on topic, I opened a ticket with GRE on the Phase 2 vs FDMA audio difference.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
What is this, the 3rd firmware upgrade with Japan out of the picture? USA... USA... USA !!! GRE America is just awesome.

One small thing, When this scanner was first introduced the database library was 17.9 MB. It has grown to 18.5 MB. If that's my biggest problem, I've got it made.

tampatracker

My system is still having problems with this "Fixed a delete process bug when deleting multiple objects from the conventional channels tab", which still takes takes forever but usually doesn't get started at all. I get a box that says "Deleting channels" with a progress bar from 1 to 100 that usually freezes in between, or never begins deleting to start with. Anyone else getting this or is it a bug in my system?

Last edited:

tampatracker

Reference my above post ; This only happens when attempting to delete objects from the "scanlist" menu. When deleting from the conventional channel menu there's no problem.

zzdiesel

I can't do the update on mine. I can't get the cable/port issues to line out. I had Windows 8 on my desktop and even wiped it and went back to Windows 7. I thought it would load the drivers right up & load but no

I can't do the update on mine. I can't get the cable/port issues to line out. I had Windows 8 on my desktop and even wiped it and went back to Windows 7. I thought it would load the drivers right up & load but no

There is a fix for this for win8. I have win8 and updated mine. There is a Thread on here about how to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

tfowlerbfd

Premium Subscriber
auto fill mode

"We recommend ensuring the sites on a P25 Phase 2 system be set to Auto-Fill mode. This will allow the scanner to automatically set the information needed to track the system from the control channel data stream. Don't use "custom tables" for Phase 2 systems unless you really know what you're doing." Im unsure how make sure the system is set to auto fill mode. Currently Philadelphia is the only P25 around me and want to make sure its right. thanks in advance.

"We recommend ensuring the sites on a P25 Phase 2 system be set to Auto-Fill mode. This will allow the scanner to automatically set the information needed to track the system from the control channel data stream. Don't use "custom tables" for Phase 2 systems unless you really know what you're doing." Im unsure how make sure the system is set to auto fill mode. Currently Philadelphia is the only P25 around me and want to make sure its right. thanks in advance.

Please Direct your question to the Pennsylvania/Philly threads for specifics on your radio/location.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber

Unless you change anything for the site(s) manually, it should be set to "Auto Fill" by default.

chankel

Premium Subscriber
Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1 + PSR-800

I had difficulty updating my PSR-800 as well from 1.7 to 1.8 using Win 7 64 bit. I’m posting this here in case it helps anyone else.

I talked to GRE and a tech walked me through things. With the message “no scanner port detected” he was certain that the error was on my end. Although the computer itself said it had the latest version of Win 7 64 bit SP1 (there is no SP 3 for 64 bit, according to Microsoft) I ran Microsoft updates anyway an found that I was 3 updates out of date.

Note that I also have the proxy server option set to “off” as this helped some people, but I don’t know if it helped in this case because it made no difference prior to running Win Update. Note also that I didn’t disable automatic driver checks on my system.

After letting Microsoft Update run all 3 of these updates and reboot, the scanner communicated with the computer in an apparently correct fashion, recognized that it was there, and allowed me to update to v1.8 via EZ Scan.

After restarting the scanner it seems to work as intended. We’ll see if any communications problems develop later down the road but for now I would suggest running Windows Update to make sure your copy of Win 7 is actually where it is supposed to be in terms of the latest updates.

Tracker

Miami Dade county went from EDACS to P25 n I need to do this upgrade, but it's "not found"!
Was it moved...?

Status
Not open for further replies.