RadioReference Announces the Retirement of All Ad Serving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

i don't have $30 dollars. so by taking the free web page away i can not look up freq's on here no more. For that much you better have alot more on here your list are a little lite. i have found better though place. i bet you will still a lot of ad to get more money your site suck's now you are making people pay for it.
I think you're misunderstanding man.
He's not charging you to use the website, he's making it a premium feature better by allowing paying users to search for frequencies and other things(i have no idea I didn't read OP nor have I been a free member for awhile).

You can still look through the counties website. You can also use the FCC website to search for frequencies, just won't get what the privacy tones are like you would in RR.
If I wasn't a feeder, I would be paying simply because I find rr to be worth the little they charge for 365 days.

Share the website, I like having more than 1 site in my bookmarks to find stuff.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I get what you’re saying, but this analogy is a little off the mark lol. Radio Reference isn’t providing an essential service to the public at large, and a premium membership fee isn’t a tax.
Correct, it's a private forum where you have no First Amendment rights and can be censored at the administration's whim if they don't like your comments or opinion.

It's not a public entitlement, whether you pay or not. It serves a purpose to those who wish to employ it.

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
RadioReference.com is pleased to announce that we are retiring, deprecating, and removing all advertising on RadioReference.com, with the exception of our partnership banner ads and links with Scanner Master.

We expect to immediately disable all ads within the next 15 days and have this transition completed by 5/15/2022.

There will be no changes to Broadcastify.com - ads will continue to remain there.

If you find value with RadioReference as a community and resource, we hope you'll support the site by becoming a premium subscriber. Benefits of being a subscriber are oulined here:

** Offer not valid in all areas. Your mileage may vary. We reserve the right to show ads to people who are mean to us our our staff. Objects may appear closer than they actually are. No dark theme will be available

Wow! Great news, Lindsay!

Happy and proud to have been a subscriber for many years!

wa88it

Premium Subscriber
i don't have $30 dollars. so by taking the free web page away i can not look up freq's on here no more. For that much you better have alot more on here your list are a little lite. i have found better though place. i bet you will still a lot of ad to get more money your site suck's now you are making people pay for it.

forgive me for addressing you by your first name, but ya know Zig while out on this forum's site you have posted...
1. created a thread w/two threads on how to figure out how to program a baofeng to function as a CB, yet when someone tried to assist...you never responded!
2. created another thread on if HAM equipment could pick up CB freqs...from a video you watched from down under
3. posted to this thread bemoaning the fact you lack 30 dollars and then threw in the sour grapes and playground taunt commentary...

sorry zig, your smile will be missed...

cheers lad...

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It will come as a surprise to no one that some of the loudest critics and complainers have contributed the least (or not at all). Many don't have a single submission to the database under their account, despite being members for years, and yet they complain that a resource which has been largely free for around two decades isn't quite free enough. Gimme gimme gimme! First they complained about the fact that the website was supported by some unobtrusive ads for non-premium members, and now that Lindsay was generous enough to give up all that revenue in lieu of putting a few more features behind the paywall, they're complaining that they've lost a few features that really don't affect the overall usage of the database anyway. All of the most pertinent info is still 100% free.

The sense of entitlement is laughable.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I rarely do any programming anymore because everything is set the way I want it and we really don't have any new changes, things are pretty stable.

I'm a premium member because it got rid of the ads. Now that the ads are gone I WILL continue to be a premium subscriber. $30 a year is not a lot of money, heck it's less than a quarter of a tank of gas :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.