• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CDM Rear accessory port - Mysterious device

KD2UVY

Premium Subscriber
Greetings. I have a rather large collection of Motorola professional series radios stockpiled and figured I’d use a few of them to cobble together a home brew UHF repeater. Picked out two of them, got them programmed and tested their RF and they’re both great on simplex. When I went to go plug in the RICK interface to make it a full duplex repeater, I realized that this device [See attached photos] was in one of the units. When I removed it, the radio refused to turn on until I put it back. Looks like some kind of RJ45 connector on the back with a power jumper. Can anybody help me identify what this device is or what it does? Also, how to remove it and put back the original pins? I’ve only got the two units in UHF and really don’t want to spend another $300 on another one. Any help is appreciated. Thx.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 54

KD2UVY

Premium Subscriber
Replicate the jumper without the board in place to see if it will power up. What is the radio?

Edit, not the power lead looking thing, the black wire jumper
The jumper appears to simply be between pins 7&9 for waking the radio on power up.

I realized I never reprogrammed the radio for ignition & on/off and it was tied to strictly ignition. That’s been changed and it now turns on with the front power button with this thing removed.

I suppose my next question(s) would be:
What was this device for?
What’s the power lead from potentially?
How would I go about putting the factory pin connector back? (I have a donor radio I can pull from if needed)

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber

From W9CR...
"The accessory connector is a TE AMP connector Digi-key part number 104422-2-ND, and uses Digi-Key Part number A25989-ND for the pins.

This is the same series used by the Radius and Maxtrac radios and much like an RJ45/RJ11 connector the smaller connectors will work for everything other than flashing or programing the Pro Series mobiles. What this means is accessories for the radius (R.I.C.K., Etc.) will work on the CDM with no modifications. Refer to the image below to see how this works."