• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCD536HP: Remote Command Specification

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been writing my own BCD536HP control software, using what seems to be the current Remote Command Specification (version 1.03, 2015/10/29). This has meant a lot of experimenting, since many of the command descriptions are unclear. Some (like Analyse Pause/Resume) don't list the needed parameters.

Others commands were in earlier versions of the specification and are missing from the current version. A few - like the SD card file and directory commands - were explicitly deprecated. But I haven't seen where the AST,RAW_DATA_OUTPUT command was deprecated. I'm VERY interested in this command, as it apparently gives you (via the USB port) raw data off the discriminator. Perhaps suitable for decoding ACARS data. I can still remotely toggle the RAW_DATA_OUTPUT mode on/off in the latest firmware, but I haven't yet written a program to capture the data from the USB port.

So...

- Should I experiment with AST,RAW_DATA_OUTPUT, or will it disappear in a firmware update?

- What's Uniden's policy on someone essentially republishing the Remote Command Specification their own web site? I'd expand and clarify a few of the command descriptions, and include some .NET code snippets on how to use them. Or is someone already doing this, where I could contribute?

Status
Not open for further replies.