SatDump for android now available

dickie757

Wired
I use F-Droid instead of google, and I noticed SatDump is now working on Android. I dont know the exact specifics, but it will work with a SDR receiver hooked up to the device. I imagine it will work over a network, too, in case you have a tuner already on your network.
From the listing:

SatDump will allow you to decode a wide range of satellites, exactly as it would on your computer.

With a compatible SDR device and necessary hardware, most Android devices will be able to receive and process NOAA APT & DSB, LRPT and even HRPT and most S-Band satellites! This includes many weather, science, and other generic missions. If you also happen to be in range of a geostationnary satellite such as GOES, GK-2A or similar you will also be able to do all processing directly on your Android device.

Especially on a phone, a good usecase is receiving 137Mhz weather satellites on the go.

Supported SDRs :
- RTL-SDR
- Airspy
- Airspy HF
- MiriSDR
- LimeSDR Mini

I dont see Pluto on the list, but I will try it.

Good luck!

JASIII

Opting for F-Droid over Google is a smart move for privacy-conscious users. Exciting news: SatDump's Android compatibility adds a new dimension! Now, with an SDR receiver, it transforms your device into a versatile tuner. The potential for network integration expands possibilities—imagine accessing it seamlessly with your existing network tuner. Explore the future of SDR on Android with SatDump!