Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
There used to be 3 feeds in Lasalle County, IL. I provided the Leland and Earlville PD, FD, EMS feed. My feed shows connected but right now LaSalle County, IL show no feed providers at all.
All fixed, a problem caused the feeds for that county to not be imported properly.

richtidd

Database Admin
Folks,

We made the switch today -- all feed are now hosted on the RadioReference platform.

Some quick updates for everyone on the status of the conversion:

1) Right now the feed archive processing is currently down due to some technical difficulties during the conversion. The integration projects sometimes results in these issue. We'll need probably a day or two to work through the problem and make sure that a fix is stable enough to work properly. I'll keep you advised.

Existing feed recording are still available.

2) We are going to hold off on alerting and notifications for feeds down etc until we can make sure everything is stable. The last thing I want to do is blast out 1000's of emails to all of you just because we had a bug on our end.

Gordon and I will be working hard this week to solidify everything. Rest assured that we'll have much more for you in the coming week.

Thanks for your support, and welcome to the RadioReference community.

I see in the Feed Provider Terms of Service, Feed Providers are not allowed to broadcast:

* SWAT "type" operations if on dedicated channels or talkgroups
* Narcotics / CID / Investigations or other tactical operations
* Dedicated channels or talkgroups for Ambulance to Hospital Communications
* Dedicated Federal Government or Military Communications

Yet, I see an ADD to "Listen-In On Cell Calls" from Cell Spy: Cell Spy Pro - The Ultimate Cell Phone Spy Package

RadioReference reserves the right to limit access to or disable broadcasts that the management feels not appropriate for the community.

So what about Cell Spy?
I thought listening in on Cell was ILLEAGLE.

richtidd

Database Admin
Feeds not showing in Metro Areas list & No State feed list

I see for each state, I can use a pull down menu for county & metro area.

This is nice but several feeds are left out of the metro areas that are listed.

Hope this will be fixed?

Can we have an "All State" feed list like Gorden had for SA?

colby4601

I see in the Feed Provider Terms of Service, Feed Providers are not allowed to broadcast:

* SWAT "type" operations if on dedicated channels or talkgroups
* Narcotics / CID / Investigations or other tactical operations
* Dedicated channels or talkgroups for Ambulance to Hospital Communications
* Dedicated Federal Government or Military Communications

Yet, I see an ADD to "Listen-In On Cell Calls" from Cell Spy: Cell Spy Pro - The Ultimate Cell Phone Spy Package

RadioReference reserves the right to limit access to or disable broadcasts that the management feels not appropriate for the community.

So what about Cell Spy?
I thought listening in on Cell was ILLEAGLE.

Good gosh man, you really need to calm down. And learn how to spell. Especially if you are going to attack someone.

I for one, applaud the fact that they will not allow those dedicated channels to be broadcast. It's a matter of safety in the community, not personal enjoyment.

As well, those are AD software generated ads, therefore Lindsay has no real "say" over what shows up in the ADs.

Do I sense some bitterness on your part?

Colby

richtidd

Database Admin
Good gosh man, you really need to calm down. And learn how to spell. Especially if you are going to attack someone.

I for one, applaud the fact that they will not allow those dedicated channels to be broadcast. It's a matter of safety in the community, not personal enjoyment.

As well, those are AD software generated ads, therefore Lindsay has no real "say" over what shows up in the ADs.

Do I sense some bitterness on your part?

Colby

Not attacking anyone.
Just asking a question.

colby4601

Hope this will be fixed?

If you would have taken the time to look on the page just prior to this, you would have noticed Lindsay's reply to that question.

You need to realize that they just did this transition yesterday.

Give the updates and everything some time.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
The "all feed view" for each state is being taken care of as mentioned by Lindsay earlier today.

Jason

Hope this will be fixed?

Scanner Archives

Gentlemen,

I need the scanner archives back on the site, i use this many times a day to review fire/ems calls. When will it be back and will it be as simple to use as it was before?

Thanks,

Ricky

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
I need the scanner archives back on the site, i use this many times a day to review fire/ems calls. When will it be back and will it be as simple to use as it was before?
The archives are still available. To get to the archives for a feed, click on the first icon in the Links column to see details about the feed and to be able to select the date and time of a clip (or clips) you want to listen to.

manross

First thanks for all the hard work done by all who was involved. Just to report that the El Paso County, Colorado feeds audio is extremely low (basically unreadable) on all feeds....when I can connect, intermittently .

Marty

If this is not the right thread for this, will one of the Admins please move.
I am consistantly able to listen now, but the low audio is only on the left channel. The right channel (SO) seems to be fine. Any info??

Marty

manross

I let the provider know.

Damn I hate when I do this.... please disregard. I somehow had the sound settings messed and had the wave settings all the way to the wrong side. That changed the volume on the l&R channels. Sorry for any problems on your part or the providers.

Marty

manross

Damn I hate when I do this.... please disregard. I somehow had the sound settings messed and had the wave settings all the way to the wrong side. That changed the volume on the l&R channels. Sorry for any problems on your part or the providers.

Marty

Ok maybe I spoke too soon. Can someone confirm for me that the volume for CSPD is on the left side of the channel? I got back from the park and I'm getting extremely low audio of PD on the left channel and SO is booming on the right channel?? Thanks for any info.

Marty

w0web

Premium Subscriber
Scan Amercia vs Firefeeds

Ok here is my question and I have yet to hear a reply so I'll try again...

I currently send San Francisco FD to "www.firefeeds.com" and get a check for $25.00 per month to "help offset my cost" and from what I understand is that People get pretty upset when my feed goes down,,,,

SO again I ask "Why should I send my Feed here as to contuining to sending it to firefeeds?

Please feel free to reply to me at Scanner4@gmail.com

N0TDL

Ok here is my question and I have yet to hear a reply so I'll try again...

I currently send San Francisco FD to "www.firefeeds.com" and get a check for $25.00 per month to "help offset my cost" and from what I understand is that People get pretty upset when my feed goes down,,,,

SO again I ask "Why should I send my Feed here as to contuining to sending it to firefeeds?

Please feel free to reply to me at Scanner4@gmail.com

Im probally not the one to reply to this , but "Offset the cost" !!! I have a couple 0f feeds and it dose not COST nothing .I offer my feeds for the listener to be either imformed or aware as too what is going on , its great that you recieve monetary for your feed on that other site , but 25.00 a month ? geesh it wouldnt cover my cost . You sound like your wanting them to pay you for your feed , the premium subscrition is worth it . However i would not expect anyone to pay me for a feed i volunteer , and asking them why you should provide a feed here is nonsence . keep your feed online so your listeners dont get upset , i take it they pay a subcription , here the feeds are free

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.