Scanner channels not picking up transmissions

medicfan3

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I have a uniden SDS 200 and recently I have manually programmed a few channels into a trunked system in my local area. I've noticed that unless I hold onto the channels they don't seem to pick up any transmission. I'm not sure why this happens or how to fix it if at all possible.

I've included a short video demonstrating my issue here in the link. The video was too big in size to directly upload.

Should also mention the channels are for the borough of Hillsdale in Bergen County NJ (Bergen County Trunking System, Bergen County, New Jersey).

rf_patriot200

Hello,

I have a uniden SDS 200 and recently I have manually programmed a few channels into a trunked system in my local area. I've noticed that unless I hold onto the channels they don't seem to pick up any transmission. I'm not sure why this happens or how to fix it if at all possible.

I've included a short video demonstrating my issue here in the link. The video was too big in size to directly upload.

Check to see that you have the correct Service Type selected in the menu, for the trunked system you're interested in ? Also in your video, Is that a preamp added to your SDS ?? It Might be too much amplification, and also make sure your Attenuator is not turned on.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Did you choose random frequencies from the trunked system or did you program the control channel? Did you add any talkgroups or just a wildcard? Do you have the proper service types turned on?

Programming the radio using Sentinel is difficult, but a lot easier than programming it manually. Sounds like you are picking up voice channels and not trunking as the system is designed to do, the conversations are jumping from frequency to frequency, which the control channel determines.

RMason

Check to see that you have the correct Service Type selected in the menu, for the trunked system you're interested in?

Zooming in on your video, it looks like the service type for this talkgroup is Fire Dispatch. Make sure that this service type is enabled.

Another thing to check. Is Location Control enabled for this Favorite List? Since you programmed manually, the location is likely incorrect. If enabled,
I suggest disabling location control.

medicfan3

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, thanks for your replies and suggestions.

I figured out the problem. It turns out there were duplicate channels I had unknowingly programmed on the trunked system. Once I deleted those duplicates it worked and I didn't need to hold on any of the channels that I was having trouble with.