Scanner Feed Up and Running!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjthomas59

Just wanted to let everyone know that is interested that i've put my scanner feed online with the help of Jayres and his server. It really isn't that difficult however it does require an active internet connection and a computer that can be left on 24/7(for anyone who is thinking of doing this). The computer doesn't have to be dedicated to the server feed, and i can still surf the internet and whatever else so if anyone else is interested i'm sure Jayres would be willing to get you setup like he did for me, or you can setup your own server with the teamspeak software.(sounded too complicated for me but i may consider doing this in the future)

The feed currently has 154.25(SCC Fire/EMS Dispatch) 154.86(wentzville pd repeater) and 155.49(APCO-25 saint charles county sheriff dispatch).

I"m still in the process of tinkering with the audio but as of now it is pretty clear.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions feel free to post them online or e-mail me at mjthomas59@yahoo.com LIke i mentioned in earlier threads i'm not set on just monitoring these 3 frequencies, however i don't want to overload my feed and have people miss stuff on other channels however if there is enough interest in an additional frequency or possibly even changing the frequencies i've selected then let me know!

I would also highly recommend downloading the teamspeak software. It allows you to mute different channels so if you want to hear Clay county you can mute everything else, or if you just want saint charles county you can mute the others, etc etc. If you access via windows media player you don't get that option(that i know of). You can also send private messages to other users online which is a neat feature if you know others on teamspeak at the same time.

Here is the link: http://broadcast.lacledeoem.net

You can connect via windows media player or teamspeak and the links to download the FREE(thats right free) software are also there.

Enjoy listening and your comments are much appreciated. The audio i don't think will ever be 100% clear but if anyone is having problems there are a lot of different options i can try to improve the sound quality.

nascarfan999

Listening to the feeds now as I speak, and I thank both of you for getting this set up. One thing I may suggest (especially if the ts server adds more counties/areas) is to put each county in it's own channel on ts. There are both good and bad to doing this, but that is the most common setup I've seen on larger ts scanner servers. As mj mentioned, you can mute any of the feeds you don't want for the time being.

It's interesting because I was about to mention a possible problem w/ the Sheriff frequency, but the dispatcher came on and asked all officers to check for the dreaded open mic :D

mjthomas59

I believe that is the way it is currently setup, with Clay county being on 1 channel, Laclede on 1 channel, and St Charles on 1 channel. I'm not sure how big the site will get but definetely start telling your friends about it. I think i've only seen at most 3 or 4 other people on the server at once.

And also, for anyone out there who doesn't have or hasnt heard what a digital frequency sounds like through a digital capable scanner, it is very different from analog. There will be the occassional broken audio because the scanner isn't decoding properly, and overall it is more of a robotic sound. Just fyi for anyone listening in. However wentzville and saint charles county ems/fire should always come in 100% through my feed as they are both analog.

BigC801

On the clay co feed, is Gladstone the only one on there, or is there more and gladstone just talks way to much? thanks.

jayres

Premium Subscriber
Gladstone, Pleasant Valley, Oakview, and I think Clay County SO are in there. And yeah, Gladstone is on quite a bit! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.