SDS firmware 1.23.03 main / 1.03.05 sub released

predatorhunt

Premium Subscriber
With this new firmware iam still having issues garble on the stars system how are everyone else doing ,?And with the old firmware i would get all bars off the towers not now ,do i have something wrong in my programming ?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Lots of feedback given here:

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
With this new firmware iam still having issues garble on the stars system how are everyone else doing ,?And with the old firmware i would get all bars off the towers not now ,do i have something wrong in my programming ?
please post over in that thread on uniden tech support. i posted and they said I was the only person having issues

weyforthr

Premium Subscriber
Virginia STARS (State Police and Safety Patrol) P25-Phase II is the primary system I monitor on my SDS100 and SDS200. I also monitor STARS at times using a BCD325P2. I have the latest firmware running the SDS200 (1.23.03A/1.03.05), while the SDS100 is still running the beta combo (1.23.03A/1.03.04). I have kept up with the recent firmware releases and haven't had any noticeable issues on STARS or any of the other systems I monitor. The primary STARS site for me is Independent Hill. I can also monitor Thornburg, Edge Hill, Rumford, and Hogback Mountain, but it is kind of hit or miss for those sites. I use the Analyze (SQA) menu funtion to determine if I should "activate" the site (department) based on what is displayed.

In any case, STARS is a system that can be frustrating to monitor at times because of how reception from the various sites disappear for an extended period of time for no apparent reason, with or without a firmware upgrade.

mocofeed

Premium Subscriber
Virginia STARS (State Police and Safety Patrol) P25-Phase II is the primary system I monitor on my SDS100 and SDS200. I also monitor STARS at times using a BCD325P2. I have the latest firmware running the SDS200 (1.23.03A/1.03.05), while the SDS100 is still running the beta combo (1.23.03A/1.03.04). I have kept up with the recent firmware releases and haven't had any noticeable issues on STARS or any of the other systems I monitor. The primary STARS site for me is Independent Hill. I can also monitor Thornburg, Edge Hill, Rumford, and Hogback Mountain, but it is kind of hit or miss for those sites. I use the Analyze (SQA) menu funtion to determine if I should "activate" the site (department) based on what is displayed.

In any case, STARS is a system that can be frustrating to monitor at times because of how reception from the various sites disappear for an extended period of time for no apparent reason, with or without a firmware upgrade.
I thought I was the only one. This VHF system can be a nightmare to monitor in my experience.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Still waiting for a Firmware Update to fix the Scanner thinks a TG is encrypted and mutes audio when it isn't encrypted. They were or are supposed to be working on this issue. Tired of missing traffic on Non-Encrypted systems.

NS9710

I haven't noticed this issue yet.

Still waiting for a Firmware Update to fix the Scanner thinks a TG is encrypted and mutes audio when it isn't encrypted. They were or are supposed to be working on this issue. Tired of missing traffic on Non-Encrypted systems.