SDS200 and Corpus Christi Tx.

Digitalbill1

Premium Subscriber
I monitor Corpus Christi via internet. I am curious would the Uniden sds200 allow me to receive more police and fire channels or is the system encrypted and what I hear on the Internet is the only transmission voice available.
Thank You

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I monitor Corpus Christi via internet. I am curious would the Uniden sds200 allow me to receive more police and fire channels or is the system encrypted and what I hear on the Internet is the only transmission voice available.
Thank You
A quick look at the database shows you should be good with the SDS200, no TE (Capital E indicating full time encryption). Might double check with the Texas forum in the event it's known if any plans to encrypt.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
A scanner should provide more than an online feed unless you and the online feed have the same exact items set to scan. Depending on location tho a scanner could also receive less than the feed. Location and antenna height are the main factors.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
A scanner should provide more than an online feed unless you and the online feed have the same exact items set to scan. Depending on location tho a scanner could also receive less than the feed. Location and antenna height are the main factors.
According to the database, there's quite a bit to listen to that's not encrypted if the OP is interested. I'm jealous...LOL!