Sentinel Downloading ?

BOBRR

Hello,

Getting back into hobby after a very long time.
Embarrassed to ask this, but have spent a lot of time in trying
to get to the appropriate Uniden site for the SDS200 to download latest Sentinel, etc.

Just won't open up. Probably that "old age" problem again.

a. Can someone please supply me with a link that works to enable the downloading
of the latest Sentinel software for the SDS200 ?

Will it also be labeled BCDx36HP ?

b. What is the latest firmware for the SDS 200 ?
Where/how would I check for on unit ?

If not the latest, may I please ask for a link to update it ?

Thanks for help; much appreciated,
Bob

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Embarrassed to ask this, but have spent a lot of time in trying
to get to the appropriate Uniden site for the SDS200 to download latest Sentinel, etc.

Just won't open up. Probably that "old age" problem again.

a. Can someone please supply me with a link that works to enable the downloading
of the latest Sentinel software for the SDS200 ?

Will it also be labeled BCDx36HP ?
The link for the latest Sentinel software for your SDS200 (version 2.03.00 with the BCDx36HP label) is the same as the one we gave you last time... and you apparently already downloaded it....

So, per comments, I just downloaded version 2.03.00, which I will assume is for the SDS-200.

At this time, Uniden servers appear to be currently down for Sentinel downloads and firmware/database updates. Check this post:

b. What is the latest firmware for the SDS 200 ?
Where/how would I check for on unit ?

If not the latest, may I please ask for a link to update it ?
To check for the firmware version in your scanner menu tree, MENU ---> SETTINGS --> SEE SCANNER INFORMATION --> FIRMWARE VERSION

The current firmware version available through Sentinel for your SDS200 is:

Main: Version 1.21.00
Sub: Version 1.02.01

As far as updating the firmware, the method hasn't changed since your last inquiry... It's done through the Sentinel software, and the instructions are nicely outlined on page 10 of your SDS200 owner's manual.

Again, the Uniden servers are currently down, so Sentinel downloads and firmware/database updates are not currently available.

Last edited:

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
Again, the Uniden servers are currently down, so Sentinel downloads and firmware/database updates are not currently available.

Glad to hear that, because for the first time in months I attempted to update the database, and the program hangs on this....

WazzUP.JPG

... which required the Task Manager to shut down. It's nice to know it's not a problem on my end.

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Read this...

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
Same here. Their system seems pretty wonky. Like they don't have that stuff on a cloud-based system?

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I don't think they use a cloud based system...
I believe they are all local servers...
Hence the issue we experienced this week. Good thing somebody didn't break in and steal the servers.

Get with the times, Uniden.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
They could of at least posted something on the forums that they were going to do this...

I was going to but they did not know if the HomePatrol servers were affected or not and I didn't want to bother the IT guys just before a move.

Some systems were affected and some were not.

P.S. My notification came an hour prior, so it's not like I had a lot of notice either.