Source for SMA Male Connectors for RG6 Coax

SoCalSteve72

Hello,

Long story short, had RV dealer install my cable for a Drive Reach Cell Booster and unsure how one connector was damaged.

Rather than undo all the sealant and drop a new cable myself, I want to replace a SMA Male Connector.

This is the Wilson cable that comes with the cell booster:

• RG-6 low-loss coaxial, 25ft black cable
  • SMA Male to SMA Male connectors
Never dealt with SMA connectors, do I need a certain one? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1204.jpeg
    IMG_1204.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1205.jpeg
    IMG_1205.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1206.jpeg
    IMG_1206.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1203.jpeg
    IMG_1203.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 20

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
What you have is coax with a quick connect end on it from the factory so you can go to most Radio Shops and get the correct end you need to complete your antenna setup.
Uh...No he has SMA on both ends. did you not even look at the pictures. I have the same cable in my Office at home for cell bought from Wilson direct. Its SMA to SMA. But the picture actually looks like a RP SMA and not standard. Mine is standard but is an older Wilson amp.

SoCalSteve72

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately Wilson doesn’t just sell the SMA connector. I think first I will try a radio/cb shop first, then look at the F connector with a SMA adapter.

Thanks for the help all.

SoCalSteve72

I read the SMA connector is 50 Ohm vs F connector is 75 Ohm. After talking with WeBoost/Wilson, the SMA connector and RG6 coax is matched the the Drive Reach cell booster.

I guess my question is will using a F connector cause any issues or degrade the signal? This cable runs from the outside antenna to the cell booster.

Thanks

prcguy

I read the SMA connector is 50 Ohm vs F connector is 75 Ohm. After talking with WeBoost/Wilson, the SMA connector and RG6 coax is matched the the Drive Reach cell booster.

I guess my question is will using a F connector cause any issues or degrade the signal? This cable runs from the outside antenna to the cell booster.

Thanks
A compression F connector and adapter should be fine compared to an SMA right on the cable. Any loss would be tiny like less than .1dB @ 1GHz.