Spectrum Communication DMR

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Received a submission a week ago that needs some confirmation from locals. This is what was submitted:
  • 463.950 (CC 10) Mountain Lakes (Morris County)
  • 461.900 (CC 8) Sussex
  • 462.125 (CC 8) Newark
- 463.950 is already listed as Denville, however nothing is being heard from 6 miles away in Randolph. Worth noting that there is no license for 463.950 in Morris County that would match this usage.

- Nothing heard on 461.900 from NW Sussex County. The submitter suggested that it "might" be in the Sparta area. Only one license for that frequency, and it's further north/west in Branchville. Important to note that previously the Branchville site (previously listed as Sunrise Mtn) was 463.950. That repeater has changed to 464.175, which is correctly licensed at that location.

- 462.125 might possibly be active in Newark, however I'm looking for confirmation of that from a local before I add it to the system.

Thanks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Anyone?

I was getting very faint hits on 461.900 (CC 8) the other day coming up with the St Clare's EMS TGID. The repeater is definitely not located in Branchville where it's licensed, way too faint for that location.

Someone took a ride through Newark recently and reports nothing from Spectrum heard on 462.125. There was some activity on that frequency with CC 9 but not Spectrum.

ten13

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, I downloaded that Spectrum into my 100 from the RRDB. I'm in Bergen County, but purposely went to the highest spot near me to see what's what.

I didn't receive anything, not even a hit on the "Sys ID".

When I'm in that high-spot area again, I'll give it another try.

Update: I'm home, but took the initiative to make some adjustments with the antenna, and found that I can receive, at least, St. Mary's Hospital Security. A little broken up, but readable.

Last edited:

strk3seeya

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth. I am in Hopatcong and the only Spectrum site for St. Clare's EMS I receive is Oxford which comes in very strong. I have once in the past picked up a transmission on the Randolph site.

strk3seeya

Premium Subscriber
Anyone receive anything other than dispatch on the TG5515? I only hear the comms portion but nothing from the units. Just curious
I pick up all the traffic fine on the DMR system on the oxford site.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Anyone receive anything other than dispatch on the TG5515? I only hear the comms portion but nothing from the units. Just curious
I pick up all the traffic fine on the DMR system on the oxford site.
As I stated in my post yesterday, only dispatch is patched over to NJICS at this time.