Squelch tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmhorn

Squelch

Actually simply unchecking the delay box on the offending channels cleared up the problem completely.
The channels are mixed CTCSS and DCS and I understand that by design they should exhibit no squelch tail, but they do. Even with the delay box unchecked, I am still receiving replies in the same break in most cases.
Maybe the techs at Whistler can tweak the software to reduce or eliminate the tails. Again my Pro-106 and 197 did not have this problem, and no it is not local interference. Also turning up the squelch had no effect on the tails.
Mike

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Delay Settings For Whistler Radios

I tried the technique of reducing the squelch time and it seems to have worked to reduce the hang up. I guess I'm wondering if this tends to defeat the delay feature on a radio. I'm glad to see this works but have to wonder why we need to resort to this to make the radio work...

mrkelso

Actually simply unchecking the delay box on the offending channels cleared up the problem completely.
The channels are mixed CTCSS and DCS and I understand that by design they should exhibit no squelch tail, but they do. Even with the delay box unchecked, I am still receiving replies in the same break in most cases.
Maybe the techs at Whistler can tweak the software to reduce or eliminate the tails. Again my Pro-106 and 197 did not have this problem, and no it is not local interference. Also turning up the squelch had no effect on the tails.
Mike

it works for now. they need to tweek a bit more and get it right

Status
Not open for further replies.