DSDPlus Starting off with DSD+

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergisoncorey

Premium Subscriber
Well to start this off, I will admit I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. trying to get either Elkhart County or St Joe county p25 phase one to work on my desktop. I just recently learned of RTL-SDR an watch a couple videos an figured it was as easy as just download plus it in an it'll just work. below is my current setup let me know if there's something I forgot to include. I've tried multiple guides with all different software an no luck....

-Windows 10 Pro on HP Elietedesk 705 AMD A4
- Nooelec - Nooelec NESDR SMArt XTR Bundle - Premium RTL-SDR w/ Extended Tuning Range, Aluminum Enclosure, 0.5PPM TCXO, SMA Input & 3 Antennas - Software Defined Radio
- Nooelec - Stratux ADS-B Bundle: Dual-Band NESDR Nano 2, Starter Edition - Software Defined Radio
-SDRSHARP community package
-DSDplus v1 101 with the DLL file extracted to same folder

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Look up how to do TRUNKING on SDR. That is key as they are on the SAFE-T TRS.

west-pac

Well to start this off, I will admit I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. trying to get either Elkhart County or St Joe county p25 phase one to work on my desktop. I just recently learned of RTL-SDR an watch a couple videos an figured it was as easy as just download plus it in an it'll just work. below is my current setup let me know if there's something I forgot to include. I've tried multiple guides with all different software an no luck....

-Windows 10 Pro on HP Elietedesk 705 AMD A4
- Nooelec - Nooelec NESDR SMArt XTR Bundle - Premium RTL-SDR w/ Extended Tuning Range, Aluminum Enclosure, 0.5PPM TCXO, SMA Input & 3 Antennas - Software Defined Radio
- Nooelec - Stratux ADS-B Bundle: Dual-Band NESDR Nano 2, Starter Edition - Software Defined Radio
-SDRSHARP community package
-DSDplus v1 101 with the DLL file extracted to same folder

I don't see a virtual cable listed. The VB cable pipes the audio from SDR# to DSD+

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Also SDRTrunk needs multiple dongles and antenna does it not? Or multiple Virtual Ports etc?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Also SDRTrunk needs multiple dongles and antenna does it not?
Depends how much those freqs span. In his case, the St Joe site spans 8.4875MHz and Elkhart site spans 3.625MHz.

I am running 3 dongles in Sdrtrunk all connected to the same antenna without any issues. I do have 3 very strong signals so it works good. When I lived elsewhere and got weak signals, I used an lna with a splitter and got by pretty well.

Last edited:

fergisoncorey

Premium Subscriber
I don't see a virtual cable listed. The VB cable pipes the audio from SDR# to DSD+
I do actually have it I knew I was forgetting something. I tried to do another setup using SDRtrunk. But still no luck as on now. Thinking about getting a couple more of the E400 dongles. Any suggestions on antenna setups? I have access to run the lines through the bedroom wall an mount an antenna on the roof if I have to. An also my USB 3.0 hub has a 12v input to power devices. Should I use that or not?

Lokyi792

I do actually have it I knew I was forgetting something. I tried to do another setup using SDRtrunk. But still no luck as on now. Thinking about getting a couple more of the E400 dongles. Any suggestions on antenna setups? I have access to run the lines through the bedroom wall an mount an antenna on the roof if I have to. An also my USB 3.0 hub has a 12v input to power devices. Should I use that or not?

Don't get E4000 dongles as they require offset tuning. Just get the regular R820 tuners (like the SMArt v4)

Status
Not open for further replies.