Strange activity on 852.5125/156.7 PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
So, from Broomfield I'm hearing very odd activity on 852.5125, 156.7 PL. It sounds like a fire crew with air masks talking about how to build a "pyramid" with "Leggos" of various colors. Several units mentioned they were "going to rehab", and I'm a hearing a lot of references to the "Charlie side", "Alpha side" and "Bravo side", which is obviously Fire-speak. It's a bit difficult to hear, because someone else is "walking over" this radio channel. I heard the interference myself, and a unit could also be heard complaining about interference. Also, while scanning through all the Federal Interop. channel's I just heard morse code tones on 851.01250/156.7 PL. Anyone know what I might be hearing??

-Nate

Last edited:

KB1UAM

That is an ITac frequency. It sounds like you are listening to a building collapse drill where "cribbing" will be needed to lift the structure that collapsed.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
852.5125 is 8TAC93

851.0125 is 8CALL90, the calling channel.

156.7 is the national standard tone for the national interop channels.

You refer to them as "Federal interop channels". Technically those (Federal interop) are different. The Federal interop channels (which are in VHF 160-174 MHz and UHF 410-420 MHz) are for Federal users only (or local public safety with specific permission to talk to Federal agencies).

The channels you are hearing are for all public safety.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
So, from Broomfield I'm hearing very odd activity on 852.5125, 156.7 PL. It sounds like a fire crew with air masks talking about how to build a "pyramid" with "Leggos" of various colors. Several units mentioned they were "going to rehab", and I'm a hearing a lot of references to the "Charlie side", "Alpha side" and "Bravo side", which is obviously Fire-speak. It's a bit difficult to hear, because someone else is "walking over" this radio channel. I heard the interference myself, and a unit could also be heard complaining about interference. Also, while scanning through all the Federal Interop. channel's I just heard morse code tones on 851.01250/156.7 PL. Anyone know what I might be hearing??

-Nate

Just training Nate I believe.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.