• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Success in loading programming BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrscpu2004

Premium Subscriber
I had finally found a You Tube short on using FreeScan and using the Import feature. I went with a 180 day membership only due to I wasn't sure the FreeScan would help me and I had that nagging thought that possibly this used Scanner might need repair.
The YouTube member did a great job doing a step by step instructional video. Once I upgraded to a Premium membership, I was able to download a system which was for my Suffolk, NY area and the correct type radio system. Once done I attached the cord and uploaded it to the BCD996XT.
All the prior You Tube videos I had seen were unrelated videos. It could help if Radio Reference could make a cross link page showing links to correct or specific models.
Thanks for all the help so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.