Suffolk County East End Radios

dennisondenatalie

Premium Subscriber
Hey all,

Looking for some clarification on the way 7th and 8th division fire departments and EMS agencies operate radio wise. I am aware the 9th (Easthampton) has their own P25 TRS System. Currently, I have listed that all 7th and 8th division departments are using UHF repeaters to communicate with in-house dispatchers or dispatchers from surrounding departments, or dispatched by their respective PD's. Regardless, all UHF/VHF conventional channels.

Are some departments/agencies using a Talkgroup on the Suffolk System? Are some using a Talkgroup on the Easthampton System? If so, which and what channels are you finding them on?

Thanks in advance!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Can’t speak for what’s in use on East Hampton system but there are agencies using the Riverhead tg’s under Fire East and Southampton village tg’s on the Suffolk system.

dennisondenatalie

Premium Subscriber
Can’t speak for what’s in use on East Hampton system but there are agencies using the Riverhead and Southampton village tg’s on the Suffolk system
Any idea on what departments are? I'm not worried about the Easthampton system since I know who operates on that system already haha

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I know for sure the following are on Riverhead 1.
6 3 0 Wading River
6 1 0 Jamesport
There are other agencies but I have not been listening to those tg's in some time.

Some of the Huntington, Smithtown, Islip and Riverhead tg's are carrying limited traffic. West Sayville started on a trial on Islip 1 last week. . Units and houses also acknowledging receipt of alarms on Fres Ops 3 and Fres Dispatch. Port Jeff Vol Amb using one of the ALS tg's for daily comms. Really kind of an unorganized mess.

Last edited:

dennisondenatalie

Premium Subscriber
I know for sure the following are on Riverhead 1.
6 3 0 Wading River
6 1 0 Jamesport
There are other agencies but I have not been listening to those tg's in some time.

Some of the Huntington, Smithtown, Islip and Riverhead tg's are carrying limited traffic. West Sayville started on a trial on Islip 1 last week. . Units and houses also acknowledging receipt of alarms on Fres Ops 3 and Fres Dispatch. Port Jeff Vol Amb using one of the ALS tg's for daily comms. Really kind of an unorganized mess.
Thanks. Yeah, West Sayville got rid of their dispatcher so switched to Islip-1. I'm mainly trying to find out what departments are using their respective talkgroups in the 7 and 8th divisions. I know Greenport has their own dispatcher.

nyscan00

Premium Subscriber
All the 8th division depts communicate with Southold town PD (8-0-0) on their respective conventional frequencies. Any of the 7th div departments that use use FRES as dispatch ( westhampton, quogue etc) are currently operating on FRES Ops3. As of now no other fres talkgroups are active

BabaDude77

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if the 700East site(009) is active yet ? I know it’s online just have never heard anything on it as of yet.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Adding to the east end... FRES UHF-Paging East is up and running (a few sites) for the 5th and 7th Divisions as per a memo FRES put out. So, over time you'll hear more and more depts getting activated on UHF-East rather than 46.46

Depts dispatched by FRES in 5th and 7th Div. are still on FRES OPS-3 (not sure why they didn't migrate them to the township talk groups)
Riverhead-1 being used by Wading River and Jamesport
Riverhead-2 used by RVAC to talk to RPD HQ. RVAC also has a UHF
Riverhead FD uses their own UHF

Hampton Bays FD - UHF
Hamp Bays EMS - UHF
East Quogue FD - UHF (dispatched by Hamp Bays FD)

Flanders FD - FRES OPS-3
Flanders EMS - UHF (dispatched by SHT PD)
Southampton Vol Amb - UHF (dispatched by SHT PD)

Southampton Village PD dispatches SHamp FD, Village EMS, North Sea FD and Bridgehampton FD. Bridgehampton uses their own VHF and North Sea use their own freq.
SHamp FD and Village EMS used to be on their own VHF. They might use a talk-group on the 800 now in addition to VHF.

Southold Town Police dispatches the entire 8th Div., Shelter Island FD and EMS. Activated on a town-wide simulcasted UHF freq then communicate on their respective UHF. They also dispatch Fishers Island FD on their VHF.

**Keep in mind that depts that are dispatched by FRES, still maintain their own frequencies for internal ops and some paging backup**

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Center Moriches has been using Fres Ops 2 for a long time now and seem to be the only ones.
Yaphank, Ridge and Miller Place have been on Fres Ops 1 the last few days

Port Jeff vac have been using one of the med tg’s.

@Rudy3145 Southampton Village EMS. Tg 22005 800 site