TDMA on TxWARN

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
So, if a site has 771.0 through 772.0, CONTROLS and non-controls, a single rtl-sdr would be sufficient?

Reason I ask if I often see people dedicate a dongle just to monitor a CC. If a single dongle covers an entire sites range, is there a need/benefit to having two dongles still?

I personally don't mind if I miss a call because two people are talking at the same time on the same site.

You've been a great help.
Just FYI you can use DSD-FME or DSD+ and your single SDR dongle will act just like a scanner. You can lockout TGs you don't want to listen to and even make TGs have different priorities, so one with a higher priority will override one with a lower a priority (I don't know if that feature works with a single SDR dongle, I've never used the feature to begin with).

PM me if you need help setting it up. I really like DSD-FME, it's easy to use once you get the hang of it, but there's less of a UI per say than compared to SDRTrunk, or DSD+ Fastlane. The problem with SDRTrunk is that it follows the voice channels no matter if you have the TG locked out or not, so your SDR dongle will be tied up on a channel that you don't even want to listen to (Your speakers won't unmute though). DSD+ Fastlane works well too.