TETRA DMO available for DV1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mescalero

If AOR have managed to get Tetra DMO working, and as they hint, may also do TMO, just as a firmware upgrade, then all credit to them.

I agree totally about the discriminator output.

Even back in the AOR3000 days they first released details of a mod that could be done, and later released the 3000A Plus with a socket.

Not providing that output for the AR-DV1 was a bad oversight. A HF aerial socket would have been good too.

Encrypted TETRA may be all but impossible to crack, but if the AR-DV1 had a discriminator output who knows?

We can only hope they at least release a mod, even if it needs to be done by a Radio Engineer.
Discriminator tap if present in AR DV1 my friend

mescalero

You refer to the AUX output ?

Short,
Did you have any luck receive some DMO ?
the aux jack out the signal from the discriminator
it is also specified in the manual
stereo cable 3.5 "to the input sound card" Mic "then dsd + and goes which is a love for the DMO no listening
There are many strong signals networks in the area but not least so far DMO
all use the network
For you?
Where are you?

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
BRILLIANT

stereo cable 3.5 "to the input sound card" Mic "then dsd + and goes which is a love for the DMO no listening

Brilliant. I missed that in the Manual I had searched for 'IF OUT' and there was nothing. As others had mentioned it was not implemented, I assumed that was the case.

Apologies to AOR, who had thought to include it.

Opens up a lot more things to play with.

Cheers

mescalero

Brilliant. I missed that in the Manual I had searched for 'IF OUT' and there was nothing. As others had mentioned it was not implemented, I assumed that was the case.

Apologies to AOR, who had thought to include it.

Opens up a lot more things to play with.

Cheers

work my friend...work hii

hamradionl

DISCR TAP
So easy it is for missing things
But we help one an other to put anyone in the direction ... haha
( real old ham spirit )

DMO
No signals decode because there are none
we wait for the TMO upgrade wish that be in very short notice.....

MStep

Any luck yet with tetra signals ?

Now that Tetra is available on the DV1, has anyone actually been able to receive any signals? Here in the New York City area, Tetra is extremely limited, perhaps even more so in the DMO MOBILE TO MOBILE (also called “direct mode”), that AOR has introduced.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck copying any Tetra traffic either here in the states or overseas?

Thanks.

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Tetra frequencies - pass them on

For a lot of us testing the new Tetra modes looks as if it will not be straight forward.

Many of us are interested of course. Here in the U.K. very little frequency information is available.

Anyone who knows of specific Tetra frequencies, DMO or TMO please post them in this thread. (If you know which mode is being used, 'D' or 'T' add that too).

Very important you also add your full location, and if in N. America, U.K., Europe etc. You can add Post Codes if you wish, but a full description of the location would be best too.

Also let us know in the post if you have actually heard any working, but also the frequencies you believe may be being used.

---------------------------

As an aside, when I release the new version of eSPYonARD with the Tetra button, I will include a 'Q-DB' file list, with all of the Tetra frequencies that are posted here.

So they will be almost instantly available for use on the AR-DV1, without having to upload them as dedicated memories., they can be filtered by any keyword (Frequency, City Name, Post Code etc), and can be scanned immediately as well, via the program.

Any list you subsequently create is automatically saved to your P.C., with a suitable description indicating the key word you used.

Each line in the 'Q' sorted list will have unlimited descriptive text, not just 12 characters.

If you do not use eSPYonARD I will also post the Tetra frequency list on the espyonard.com web-site, and keep it up to date, but of course without the program that will mean you have to manually enter each one, and use up the radio's memory channels.

When new frequencies appear on the thread it will be a few seconds job to add them to that 'Q-DB' list.

This is an occasion when Forum members can make a really useful contribution. The more who add frequencies, the more we all will benefit, so please take the time to do it.

G7HID

No specific frequencies in the UK..
But some pointers:

Airwave
380 - 385 Mhz (mobile including portable) and 390 - 395Mhz (base transmit)

TETRA AIRWAVE=DIRECT MODE IE CID/INCIDENTS/EVENTS CH1-6
390.012500 380.01250 DMO 001
390.037500 380.03750 DMO 002
390.062500 380.06250 DMO 003
390.087500 380.08750 DMO 004
390.112500 380.11250 DMO 005
390.137500 380.13750 DMO 006

Also at some airports, try around 454 MHz, mobile 464 MHz.

In London emergency services also use 420.0125-421.9875 base & 410.0125-411.9875 mobile (NB Not all channels are used).
As with 380 & 390 these are 25kHz channels, offset by 12.5 kHz, so 420.0125, 420.0375, etc.

I have been unable to uncover the TETRA frequencies used by the London Underground. There is a good chance they use DMO mode with track gangs in outlying areas.

Mike

Last edited:

UKDMRUser

For a lot of us testing the new Tetra modes looks as if it will not be straight forward.

Many of us are interested of course. Here in the U.K. very little frequency information is available.

Anyone who knows of specific Tetra frequencies, DMO or TMO please post them in this thread. (If you know which mode is being used, 'D' or 'T' add that too).

Not had any luck here either. I am told 445.200 to 445.300 is for Civil tetra dmo use which if so is probably the best place to try which I guess will be 12.5 steps. can anyone confirm this?

Been trying 390.0125 - 390.1375 but not expecting luck there due to enc.

Anyone had any luck yet?

mescalero

Thanks so much as always Mike
Even if you are in Italy I saw a lot of similarities and a few direct the fly I took short but at least I know it works
See you soon
Maurizio

mescalero

Very important you also add your full location, and if in N. America, U.K., Europe etc. You can add Post Codes if you wish, but a full description of the location would be best too.

Also let us know in the post if you have actually heard any working, but also the frequencies you believe may be being used.

---------------------------

As an aside, when I release the new version of eSPYonARD with the Tetra button, I will include a 'Q-DB' file list, with all of the Tetra frequencies that are posted here.

So they will be almost instantly available for use on the AR-DV1, without having to upload them as dedicated memories., they can be filtered by any keyword (Frequency, City Name, Post Code etc), and can be scanned immediately as well, via the program.

Any list you subsequently create is automatically saved to your P.C., with a suitable description indicating the key word you used.

Each line in the 'Q' sorted list will have unlimited descriptive text, not just 12 characters.

If you do not use eSPYonARD I will also post the Tetra frequency list on the espyonard.com web-site, and keep it up to date, but of course without the program that will mean you have to manually enter each one, and use up the radio's memory channels.

When new frequencies appear on the thread it will be a few seconds job to add them to that 'Q-DB' list.

This is an occasion when Forum members can make a really useful contribution. The more who add frequencies, the more we all will benefit, so please take the time to do it.

well work

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
Now that Tetra is available on the DV1, has anyone actually been able to receive any signals? Here in the New York City area, Tetra is extremely limited, perhaps even more so in the DMO MOBILE TO MOBILE (also called “direct mode”), that AOR has introduced.

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck copying any Tetra traffic either here in the states or overseas?

Thanks.

Don't have a AOR AR-DV1

Would NJ transit work ?

New Jersey Transit Trunking System, Statewide, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

hamradionl

Download your DEMO program, iam running older windows version but seem to work
The TETRA button seem not present yet, correct ?

marlbrook

Premium Subscriber
Hi

Download your DEMO program, iam running older windows version but seem to work
The TETRA button seem not present yet, correct ?

Tetra button not implemented yet. I am waiting for the full and detailed serial commands from AOR

kermit_t_f

The possibilities of the dv1 in TETRA mode is quite limited. As stated in the release notes, it only works in direct mode, that means if you use any kind of network, it can't decode it. Even if you use a repeater in direct mode, it won't be able to receive it. So it only works, if there are mobile stations that use DMO without any infrastructure and this scenario is limited to a short range and hardly used in any commercial or public networks.

G7HID

I think most of us realised that, but those that do not know are drawn to the word TETRA like flies around a cow poop.. :)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.