• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

The New Bao Mobile Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGClips

Lots of interesting comments. So, anybody got one of these babies already, so they can post test results? I keep checking Amazon and search all over but so far all I've found was a couple of generic comments that they are GREAT! That, of course, is not particularly interesting. What I hope for is that some experienced ham or a club with proper instruments would analyze them a bit and publish their findings.

However, based upon the "Currently unavailable" and "Only 14 left in stock" signs, I would say people are pretty happy about them. No raging customers trashing the brand so far, which is encouraging by itself. :)

MrGClips

UPDATE! Got the reply from BaoTech.

I've received the reply from BaofengTech.

- Regarding the online form not working: "... The web-form does not accept non-standard names; the period should be removed and a standard name used if you intend to use the web-form. " - Well, whatever that's supposed to mean. :D I entered my email as seen on the demo video, which is just a normal email entry, so I have no idea what do they consider "standard name" for their contact form to be acceptable. This is kind o' ridiculously stupid makes no sense whatsoever thing, but it is what it is. :D :D :D LOL!!! Can't help but laugh! :D

- Regarding the address: BaoFeng Tech, 702 N Industrial Ave, Arlington, SD 57212 - no idea why wouldn't they just put it out on their website.

They provided a phone number also, but I rather won't publish it because they said too many people contacted them who are not qualified for repair due to third-party unauthorized sellers. They only repair what they sell! But if any legitimate buyer needs help, they're welcome to contact them.

That's all folks! If anyone familiar in the area, maybe they could drive by and pay them a visit to say "Hi!". :)

Last edited:

MrGClips

Meanwhile I checked and saw that the other Bao guys also have a fresh supply of HTs.

My recommendation are the new tri-power models (BF-F9V2+) but the previous two-power ones seem to be pretty good also (UV-5R V2+) and cost much less.

Link: http://baofengradio.us - Seriously, I like my little blue Bao (so far), especially with the Nagoya antennas. :)

nd5y

- Regarding the address: BaoFeng Tech, 702 N Industrial Ave, Arlington, SD 57212 - no idea why wouldn't they just put it out on their website
Interesting. That's about the third address that somebody has gotten from them in the last year or so. The first time it was the address of the post office. Then it was a farm outside of town.

MrGClips

Interesting. That's about the third address that somebody has gotten from them in the last year or so. The first time it was the address of the post office. Then it was a farm outside of town.

Now some local boys can go and check it out for themselves. If the company lies, then they can file complaints for willful misrepresentation with intent to defraud US customers. (or whatever the legal terms are) If they're for real, then everyone can take a deep breath and enjoy their new Bao.

By the way, the other Bao guys are a different company out from Texas if I'm correct, but again, they didn't have any official address put out on their website either. I'd hate to find out that they were both fakes! :(

MrGClips

Wow! That is disturbing! Any update? Anyone asked them about their operations and such directly? :(

If any of these companies are screwing around, they'd better clean up their acts and play nice! :(

I don't like creepy companies hiding away in the shadows and would certainly not buy their stuff either. :(

But I also consider that the competition is trying to spread garbage about Bao and other cheap radio sellers. And BBB has ZERO credibility with me, based upon my own personal previous encounters with them! In my opinion, nothing but another fake, phony, bought-off, corrupt bunch with direct monetary interests tied to the very companies they're supposed to stand up against but got sponsorship from, with NO power of any sort to take action, so I couldn't care less what they have to say. Long story, I won't go into it, but BBB is GARBAGE as far as I'm concerned! :(

So, anyone cares to ask some tough questions from these companies or what? Or ask some officials to check them out? Creepy! :(

khaytsus

If you buy a $60 Wouxun, it's worth $0 as soon as you open the box.

If you buy a $120 Yaesu, it's worth $100 in four years.

They are false economy.

I will grant that if you don't give a rat's arse about spectral purity, scan speed, audio quality, t/r turnaround time, ease of programming, interface quality or parts/accessory availability, they are wonderful deals.

You clearly haven't programmed a Yaesu radio... Baofengs are easier.

The rest of your babble is, as said, just elitist nonsense. You don't like chiacom, great, move on. Why are you in this sub-forum?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Since this thread seems to have little to do with its original intent, is now duplicating an existing thread and some of the individuals have nothing better to do than arguing, I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.