Total Newbie Question - DB to "Chirp" file downloads?

CoastalDude

Premium Subscriber
I'm totally new and have both BaoFeng and Yaesuf hand helds, I have just found this site and have done a little searching, love the database information, for instance, all the counties in Florida and the various frequencies for different things.

My question is this, I kind of expected to see a "Download Chirp File" for each county, or sub area within the county, ie, Hospitals or what have you. For instance:
Walton County, Florida (FL) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Maybe I'm asking for the brass ring but is there a way to download a basic Chirp file to program my hand held by simply download from one of the RadioReference DB screens (a CSV if you will?)

If I need to be raked over the coals for asking such a newbie question I can take it :)

Thanks guys ...

nd5y

You can download .csv files but that doesn't mean they are in a format that Chirp can use or contains all the data that Chirp requires. You need to read all the documentation on the Chirp web site before you do that and wonder why it doesn't work.

I'm not a paid subscriber and have not used Chirp to download from RR so I don't know exactly how it works.

CoastalDude

Premium Subscriber
Sounds great, I guess I'll get the premium version then, so the chirp files I download are pretty much ready to directly load into my radio's then, without manually adjusting all of the values?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Your questions about using Chirp to import .CSV files and load them into your radio are probably better answered by the Chirp folks.

A premium subscription to RadioReference will allow you to download .CSV files from the RR database. How you use those files in Chirp is dependent on Chirp's file import functions. RadioReference does not produce files specifically for Chirp to import.

CoastalDude

Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to add that I bought the RadioReference premium which integrated into "Chirp Next" very well and programmed my Baofeng BF-F8HP perfectly, RR Premium was well worth it !!

datsin1600

Premium Subscriber
C
Just wanted to add that I bought the RadioReference premium which integrated into "Chirp Next" very well and programmed my Baofeng BF-F8HP perfectly, RR Premium was well worth it !!

Can anybody help what you need to to do on the Chirp side of things please?