WS1098: transferring frequencies to scanner from RR

bugsy57

Premium Subscriber
transferring frequencies to scanner from RR> Can someone please show me step by step how to transfer my saved area frequencies to my scanner please? I just bought the premium subscription to be allowed to do this.:unsure:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
transferring frequencies to scanner from RR> Can someone please show me step by step how to transfer my saved area frequencies to my scanner please? I just bought the premium subscription to be allowed to do this.:unsure:

The RR database is updated weekly for your EZ Scan software, go to updates and select database. To access them you use EZ Scan library. Use the attached PDF for how to program the scanner, it is the same for the TRX and WS10xx Scanners.

Attachments

• Programming TRX-1.pdf
    533.7 KB · Views: 17

ecps92

IT would help to know which Make/Model Scanner and what Software you are planning on using. :unsure:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Download ezscan for your model scanner from Whistlergroup.com. Update the library.

Once you do that you will have the entire RR datat base in ezscan. Use the library import tab in ezscan to import what you want to ezscan then copy that configuration to your scanner/sd card.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Download ezscan for your model scanner from Whistlergroup.com. Update the library.

Once you do that you will have the entire RR datat base in ezscan. Use the library import tab in ezscan to import what you want to ezscan then copy that configuration to your scanner/sd card.

@Wackyracer is correct, the PDF file in Post #2 has instructions, with screenshots of the whole process for you @bugsy57

bugsy57

Premium Subscriber
thank you for for your support, my scan list i created still is not showing up on my scanner, the scanner scan list goes from 1 through 150 even though my scan list only included 1 thru 250, Seems it waste a lot of time scanning through the other 125 channnels and im only picking up my local sherriffs dept. which is one of the frequencys i did list.No matter how many time i go back into ezscan and try again it comes up the same on the scanner. did i need to to totally reformat my sd card first or something.?

thank you for for your support, my scan list i created still is not showing up on my scanner, the scanner scan list goes from 1 through 150 even though my scan list only included 1 thru 250, Seems it waste a lot of time scanning through the other 125 channnels and im only picking up my local sherriffs dept. which is one of the frequencys i did list.No matter how many time i go back into ezscan and try again it comes up the same on the scanner. did i need to to totally reformat my sd card first or something.?

St. Louis Area Trunked Emergency Radio (SLATER)​

System Name:St. Louis Area Trunked Emergency Radio (SLATER)
County:6 Counties
System Type:Project 25 Phase I
System Voice:APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
System ID:Sysid: 4F2 WACN: BEE00
Last Updated:October 20, 2023, 8:47 am CDT [Added Talkgroup to: Franklin County (55428 Pacific Police: Dispatch)] THIS IS ONE OF THE POLICE DEPTS. I REALLY WANT TO HEAR AND HAVE TRIED TO ADDD THEIR FREQUENCY BYT STILL DONT HEAR ANYTHING DESPITE THE FACT THEIR LITERALLY ONLY 2 MILES DOWN THE ROAD FROM MY LOCATION

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber

St. Louis Area Trunked Emergency Radio (SLATER)​

System Name:St. Louis Area Trunked Emergency Radio (SLATER)
County:6 Counties
System Type:Project 25 Phase I
System Voice:APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
System ID:Sysid: 4F2 WACN: BEE00
Last Updated:October 20, 2023, 8:47 am CDT [Added Talkgroup to: Franklin County (55428 Pacific Police: Dispatch)] THIS IS ONE OF THE POLICE DEPTS. I REALLY WANT TO HEAR AND HAVE TRIED TO ADDD THEIR FREQUENCY BYT STILL DONT HEAR ANYTHING DESPITE THE FACT THEIR LITERALLY ONLY 2 MILES DOWN THE ROAD FROM MY LOCATION
Operator error, In ezscan, Under scanlist tab, make sure have enabled the scanlist you want to listen to and disable the ones you do not.

Under the general tab turn "set location" to off.

Then with the scanner off copy the configuration TO the scanner/sdcard. when done in windows EJECT the drive, then you boot the scanner up.

KB3ZI

You don’t need to be a premium subscriber to download and program

bugsy57

Premium Subscriber
`-i was under impression that i had to be a premium member to be able to simply import all my area frequencies directly to my ez scan program and poooof , all done. But i guess i was misinformed?

Blackswan73

EZ scan updates the database when you use the update tab. This is unlimited regardless of whether you are a premium member or not. In fact, you don’t even need to be a member of RR period. Take it from a long-time Whistler user. Currently using a WS1095 on a P25 2 simulcast system with no problems.
B.S.

KB3ZI

EZ scan updates the database when you use the update tab. This is unlimited regardless of whether you are a premium member or not. In fact, you don’t even need to be a member of RR period. Take it from a long-time Whistler user. Currently using a WS1095 on a P25 2 simulcast system with no problems.
B.S.
I like all the talk about Whistler not good for simulcast…heck mine is better than my sds200