TRX-2 Help

TAbirdman

The AC adapter is good and works, still cant get the unit to turn on unless the usb is plugged in the front of the unit
If the unit powers up and works fine with the AC AND the USB connected, then it needs to go back to Whistler for service.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Did you try this?

1) with no cables attached to the unit press and hold the power button for at least 30 seconds.
2) plug in power cable and press and hold power button until unit tells you to let go.

No luck?
remove head and use the LAN cable. If the LAN cable works, the contacts on the scanner and control head need to be cleaned.

Mcoving373

Premium Subscriber
Were you ever able to get your TRX-2 to power on with only the power source plugged into the rear of the unit?
Have you confirmed the AC power adapter is working to provide an output of 13 volts DC?
I want to thank you for this post! The AC power supply was powering up my TRX-2 but it was hanging on the Whistler Logo. I fought and fought trying to solve it and most everything pointed to the SD card. Very long story short, it powered fine with the car adapter that came with the unit so I replaced the AC adapter and I am back up and running. Thanks again!