Two different DMR type systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubbe

Ham radio DMR doesn't use trunking systems, they're conventional DMR so no problem to monitor. Set that up as a DMR one frequency system with all frequencies you can find and all TGs are the same and common for all sites. You can add user ID's as they pop up and give them name tags. It's usually the same small amount of people that use the repeaters.

/Ubbe

iascanguy

Look again at the channel listing for the site:
View attachment 69864

There are only 5 LCN's listed. Each LCN, in turn, has two LSN's, which reference the slots. The first frequency, 856.3375, is not duplicated.

That is not the site frequency table I saw. What I saw was 856.3375 listed 4 times, twice as LCN 1 as above, and twice as LCN 2, with LSN's of 1,2,3 and 4, with other frequencies listed the same way. At least now it has been corrected.

Ubbe referenced Brigham Young, the table below. This is similiar to what I was seeing at Lehi.
1553706521551.png

Donald

mortoma61

There seems to be some disagreement and discord among people in this thread. All I know is when I first went into the Micron system, which is what was in the original and newly updated database, and therefore what used to be in my scanner, was absolutely wrong. When I first opened up what was in that system in Sentinel, it listed five frequencies ten times ( every freq listed two times ) starting with the lowest frequency and under the LCN column, it had numbers 1 through 10 listed on down to the bottom. Those are the LSN numbers. Sentinel only shows a frequency column, then the LCN column and then the color code column. There is no LSN column showing in Sentinel, for any system I have ever looked at in that particular software.

So it should have had from top to bottom, 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5. But it had 1 through 10 instead and erroneously. As soon as I edited it correctly, saved it and then wrote it to the scanner it was only about five minutes before I started receiving traffic on the system for the very first time. After never hearing anything on it for a week and a half after I saved it to a profile exactly as it was in the nationwide database. So people can argue all they want but there is no dispute as far as I'm concerned because it's proven to me. So please, I hope nobody writes to the RR admins and tries to claim my correction submission is wrong, because it ain't no such animal. Let the correction go through, thank you.

For some reason the RR site lists the LSN numbers for systems but Sentinel only shows a LCN. I think ( but not sure ) that the LSNs do not matter to scanners but probably only matter to the radios as they are programmed in a system. For us people that only monitor, I think only the LCN matters? Remember, I'm just now learning the stuff so I could be wrong on this but I do know that I never see the LSN numbers in Sentinel if I click on a system name, like Lehi in this case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.