Typical Day at Uniden Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael-SATX

Hmm, could the new BCD-536HP be the next generation Home Patrol type format seriously upgraded
way beyond the HP-1 Extreme to include built-in Wi-Fi for hands off automatic weekly updates to the HPDB :)
Also, maybe a built-in GPS upgrade or bundle with that RAM type windsheild mobile mount for the travelers ?
Paul did say that "this model would have features NEVER ever seen before in a scanner" so what about
some kind of onboard SDR module that would let folks add in on their own certain DSD type decoders
as a type of "work-around" to the IP rights and patents ... this way Uniden is not doing anything wrong.
Then maybe DSDauthor would rise from the crypt or maybe even new creators and thus more formats !
Just think, the sky would be the limit, Pro-Voice, Passport, MotoTRBO, NXDN & P25 Phase 2, etc :)
All together while you were essentially running that way cool mini trunker like built in Analyize mode ALL-In-One !
A true discriminator tap just for kicks, heck why not even an Android or Similair robust on-board OS ;)
Further, why not Bluetooth connectivity. Built in support for the online feed provider passing AlphaTags !

OK, this wish list should keep Team Tokyo busy just another few days and still let it hit shelves on Shack Friday :)

Last edited:

mibzzer15

Well....was pretty easy to download the video, open up in editor and super slow mo it...@1:35 you can get a quick glimpse of it. I have a screen shot of the actual product (whatever it is) fully uncovered from the black box but I dont think I will post it, I don't want to be the one to ruin the surprise for everybody.

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
I dont think I will post it, I don't want to be the one to ruin the surprise for everybody.

Don't worry, they did that on purpose. :lol:

The hint was the guy that walked up to the camera and made a face.

It's got a JTAG connector sticking out the back too.. I really hope they got away from the discriminator based slicer.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Cool to see the workings of Uniden Japan, are they the ones that design the scanners and Uniden USA sells them?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
We define the product at Uniden America. That is, we spec out the feature set, provide a rough outline of the operation, make the initial 2D and 3D design, etc. Then, electrical, mechanical, and software engineers in Uniden Japan work very hard to implement all of this. On trips like these, I'm primarily working with the software engineers to fill in gaps in that rough outline. This kind of meeting can happen several times during a production cycle...from many months out to just a couple of months out.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Oh, and thanks for the various heads ups on the unintended cookies. For some reason the software ignored a couple of key frames when it rendered the video...I reprocessed it at about 3am (jet lag!) and I think it eliminated them. Or maybe it just relocated them.

RadioDaze

With all the din of speculation and conjecture here, I think many of us are overlooking what is possibly the key point: Uniden is hard at work to bring us new products, which will likely incorporate features that we have been asking for. (And I'll probably be among the first to dash out and buy another Uniden scanner!)

Last edited:

alwayslookin

Well....was pretty easy to download the video, open up in editor and super slow mo it...@1:35 you can get a quick glimpse of it. I have a screen shot of the actual product (whatever it is) fully uncovered from the black box but I dont think I will post it, I don't want to be the one to ruin the surprise for everybody.

Huh that's weired I got it at 1:38 right as the guy is grabbing it fully uncovered and do see a jtag on it. Got a pretty awesome screen shot of it to. Can't wait!!!

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Editor?

Well....was pretty easy to download the video, open up in editor and super slow mo it...@1:35 you can get a quick glimpse of it.

Sorry to sidetrack the thread, but what video editor are you using? I've been looking for one that will handle mp4 and H.264.

Thanks!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Pinnacle Studio 16. Except for this one little bug, I've been pretty happy with its ease of use and features.

KK4LQX

Premium Subscriber
Remote Mount

Is there ANY possiblity of have a remote head option similar to what the Kenwood TM-V71 does? That way if you want to remote mounted you can if not then you're good. Sell a remote kit and make more money and you wouldn't have to make a special remote head just for to leave the other head there. Just an idea.

KK4LQX

Premium Subscriber

The idea was to make a detachable faceplate "similar to what the Kenwood TM-V71 does" so that "you wouldn't have to make a special remote head just for to leave the other head there"

Make it so that if you want to remote mount your scanner head you can, if not you don't have to. The BC-RH96 costs $189.95 and it requires you to run 2 cables up and can't power off the scanner. Make a scanner with a head that functions "similar to the V71". 1 cable total control. I know of 2 people that would buy one on the spot if it were offered and i'm sure there are many, many more. I've heard that GRE had one in the works but it was never released. It's a very simple thing that could make lots of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.