Uniden 7" Android 4.0 tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I am thinking about buying either the 4" or the 7" version but i was wondering if I can download a scanner app and use it on one of these tablets. Has anyone tried it yet?

Good luck finding one of the 7" tablets (at least around here), the 4" ones are plentifull though.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
A Polaroid 10" Android 4.0, ICS Southern Telecom tablet is available at Big Lot's this week. Let's see if a Uniden branded version appears soon.

Philpense

Uniden User Query

Greetings:

Just bought two of the 4.3" mobiles. Read you article but the GAPPS link does not work for me. Using a machine with the Ubuntu OS. Those files extact to a number of other files none of which are viewable. Would like to get some Google Android apps but the website apparently does not recognize this thing as a phone. Wondering what it was in that hyperlink that was helpful to other users. Guidance sought

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Greetings:

Just bought two of the 4.3" mobiles. Read you article but the GAPPS link does not work for me. Using a machine with the Ubuntu OS. Those files extact to a number of other files none of which are viewable. Would like to get some Google Android apps but the website apparently does not recognize this thing as a phone. Wondering what it was in that hyperlink that was helpful to other users. Guidance sought

The link works for me when I try it. Not sure if file transfer would be a problem using Ubuntu, but the Apk files should install from the tablet from the directory you save the files in in the tablet or the MicroSD card. You could copy the files to the MicroSD using an external reader or slot in th PC. Just be sure to follow the directions once you have the file in the tablet.

acncst

looking at paid appps crash google market

Hi, I transferred the files from an external micro sd to the downloads folder on the tablets internal card, and installed from there. I did the install just as described in order, everything seemed to be fine - looked at free apps - then trying to look at a paid app crashed Google market. I even tried updating to the new Google play vending version the thread described (had to first uninstall market or it wouldn't install) after that Google play crashed as soon as you start it. So, I installed the old vending file again with the same behavior, though this time I tried looking at - My apps - in the market and only got a blank white screen (and I have downloaded with this google account before on other tablets). I think Google market may not be syncing with my gmail account correctly, so anyone have an idea what's wrong?.

Philpense

Ammended post

Much thanks for the timely reply. The original post is not now applicable. I do notice that some sites offering apps have some kind of detector and when navigating to some I see "no device" or no android device. I am wondering if an installed SD card is a required item for an app download to proceed. Images of the device navigated to Google Play and attempting to access the Pandora mobile app are uploaded to a Microsoft online folder at: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=4AD6AABD72471DBB!6921 Would appreciate your comment.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
If you go to your google account using your PC browser and sign in, then go to to the black bar at the top of the screen and click on "my android apps". You should see your device as "unknown UTAB43 device" if you have connected to play through your tablet. Then you can select an app and send it to the tablet (if the selected app is compatible with the UTAB43). If you are not able to find the device, you may need to check your account settings on the tablet, remove the account, and re-enter your play account information and password to get the device to show up in the play account. Of course this assumes you have installed the apps referenced in the article, and have a functional play app installed on the tablet.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
One possible solution to the Google Play crash is to uninstall the associated apps, immediately shut down the tablet through the power off sequence, then restart the tablet and re-install the associated Google apps. There is also a Google Play Services app that can be installed, that may help correct some issues that can be installed from a number of different app stores. YMMV, but I have had success with this method.

juditay3

uniden tablet utab71

my tablet battery went dead and now i can not get it to charge. Any suggestions? How do you reset the tablet? I tried using a paper click into the reset button but really dont know if i done it right or long enough. I may need to do something else when i put the paperclip in???? any suggestion to get the tablet on.....thank you Judi

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
my tablet battery went dead and now i can not get it to charge. Any suggestions? How do you reset the tablet? I tried using a paper click into the reset button but really dont know if i done it right or long enough. I may need to do something else when i put the paperclip in???? any suggestion to get the tablet on.....thank you Judi

When you plug the adapter in and then unplug it should display a battery and red if the battery is depleted or green when charging. If you see nothing let it charge for a while, then check it.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
There are no lights or LED's, only a large battery icon in the middle of the screen. What are you charging the tablet with? Any 5 Volt source designed for a cell phone can be used if the adapter has died. Another method is to use a USB cable direct to the PC. Other than that, the battery may be DOA.

A long press of the power button may be needed to turn the tablet on also.

juditay3

battery

i am using the 5 volt adapter that came with it and no indicator light or no battery is showing up. it did the last time it charged but not now. I tried hooking it up to the computer and that did not work either. Could the battery in the tablet go dead just since Thanksgiving.? I know i got it on sale but i thought it would last longer than a month...lol I have held the on button in for 10-20 seconds or so. Thank you for all of your suggestions.

lotech

i am using the 5 volt adapter that came with it and no indicator light or no battery is showing up. it did the last time it charged but not now. I tried hooking it up to the computer and that did not work either. Could the battery in the tablet go dead just since Thanksgiving.? I know i got it on sale but i thought it would last longer than a month...lol I have held the on button in for 10-20 seconds or so. Thank you for all of your suggestions.

Just a shot in the dark but are you sure you are plugged into the right port? The charging port is right next to the headphone jack and it fits pretty well in both but the headphone jack is a little larger. I only know because I did this a couple days ago.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
If it's the adapter and not the battery, Big Lot's may be able to substitute another adapter. You could take the adapter to Radio Shack and see if they can check the output if you do not have a method to check it yourself.

juditay3

adapter

i do have the adapter plugged in the right place because the first time i didnt,,,lol I will check with Big lots,,,thank you

Khrystinn88

Internet wont load

I have just gotten the Uniden Tablet 7 and its been about 4 days and it says it's connected to wifi and everything but when I go to browser and never loads all the way and just stops like it just won't connect. I have been trying everything I can even called the technical support and all they have told me was to try a different network. Why try a different one when I have my own already? Does anybody know what to do about this? Any help would be sooo appreciated!.. I am so frustrated with it, it's insane.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I have just gotten the Uniden Tablet 7 and its been about 4 days and it says it's connected to wifi and everything but when I go to browser and never loads all the way and just stops like it just won't connect. I have been trying everything I can even called the technical support and all they have told me was to try a different network. Why try a different one when I have my own already? Does anybody know what to do about this? Any help would be sooo appreciated!.. I am so frustrated with it, it's insane.

When troubleshooting an wifi connection, I usually check to be sure it works with another device such as a PC. Are you working with your home WiFi connection or an open connection at another location?

Your sure you have entered the correct SSID and secure password for your network. Can you connect to an app store? Did you try a different browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.